Chapter Sixteen: Healing

Raven watched as her friend cried over his brother. Her eyes then slightly widen as she realized something. "Robin!" She exclaimed as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Danny's not dead!" She said. Robin then looked up to her. "What do you mean?" He asked. His voice was laced with sadness and hope. "I can still feel waves of life emitting from his body, their faint but their there." She said. A small smile formed on Robin's face as he heard this new information. "If he's alive then he's fading fast. We need to get him to the medical bay, now!" Cyborg stated. Robin nodded but insisted on carrying his brother's body himself. They laid him down on a bed and attached a breathing tube. They also attached an iv tube to keep fluids in his body. Robin sat on a stool beside his bedridden brother. "Slade will pay for this!" He thought. He looked at his brother's pained face. Streams of dry tears still visible. Robin gently lifted his brother's hand and held it closely. It felt soft but cold instead of it's usual warmth. "Slade won't get away with hurting you Danny. I promise." Robin said as his eyes narrowed. He set his brother's back down and pulled the blankets over his body. He sighed as he began to walk out the door. He glanced over his shoulder one last time before exiting through the door. He walked slowly through the hallway. He caught the attention of Beast boy who had been walking towards him. "Yo Robin are you okay?" Beast boy said in an attempt to comfort his friend. "I'm okay I guess." Robin replied frowning and looking towards the ground. Beast boy placed his hand gently on the boy wonder's shoulder. "I'm sorry about Danny. I know how much he means to you." He said. Robin's frown turned to a slight smile. "Thanks Beast boy." Robin said causing his green skinned friend to joyfully smile. "Anytime dude!" Beast boy said before continuing down the hallway. Robin smiled as he watched his friend walk away. Once he was out of his sight he returned to his own walk down the long hallway. As he walk he passed Danny's bedroom door. He hesitated a bit before entering. Inside he saw the backpack that he had asked the other titans to retrieve from the house his brother had taken shelter in. He unzipped one of the zippers and found a few framed photos. He smiled at them before arranging them on the dresser. He dug deeper and found an nice looking book. Danny's name was printed across the top. Robin slowly opened it. The book was filled with small journal entrees along with some photos. Some of the pages held memories of their life in the circus while others told of his past life and his new life with the titans. Robin smiled as he saw a picture him and his parents on the trapeze and how Danny had wrote that he couldn't wait till he was old enough to preform with them. He suddenly felt saddened that his brother never did get his wish of preforming on the trapeze alongside him and his parents. Maybe someday he could teach him. That is if he survives. That thought floated around Robin's mind. What if his brother didn't survive or if he never wakes up from his coma? Robin tried to push the thoughts away but they lingered like a bad taste in your mouth. He finally was able place the thoughts in deepest crevices of his mind. He had to keep hope that his brother would keep fighting to survive. He shook off the feeling of sadness that began to overwhelm him. He continued to look through the book's contents. He read stories about Danny's past life and friends. He enjoyed hearing how well the Fentons had treated him. He then got to a story about a girl that his brother apparently had been best friends with and had a major crush on. Their relationship ship reminded him of his and Starfire's. He also read about his brother's tech savvy friend. He reminded him of a combination of Beast boy and Cyborg. After flipping through all of the pages he slowly closed the book and set it on the pillow that rested on the bed. He stood up and exited the room. He began walking back towards the medical bay. He didn't like to leave his brother alone for very long. He wanted to make sure someone was their to care for him. He opened the bay's door and entered. He looked out the window and saw the sky had become dark. He climbed up on the bed next to his brother's and slowly drifted off to sleep.