Chapter Fifteen: Found And Lost

Robin rubbed his tired eyes as he monitored the computers searching for any sign of Danny's location. His eyes began droop but they shot open as a blinking red dot appeared on the digital map of the city. He quickly typed on the keyboard to see where the signal was coming from. "It's Danny's communicator!" Robin nearly yelled from joy. He quickly put the coordinates in to his communicator. He was tempted to wake the others and find his brother now but decided against it after seeing how late it was. He sighed and looked at the location in his communicator. "Soon." Robin said as turned the computers off and went to bed. In the morning Robin gathered the titans in the main room to tell them of his findings. He told them his brother's location and that they were going to find him. "So do you have any way of convincing him to rejoin the team I mean are you sure he wants us to find him?" Beast boy asked. "I don't know but no matter what I'm not letting him go. I can't lose him again." Robin replied with a stern face. "Ok so let's go." Cyborg said. Robin smiled as they all piled in to the T-car. Back at the old house Danny laid on the bed awaiting his friends arrival. He knew they'd find him soon considering how determined his brother always was. He got up and stared out the window. Suddenly he saw the T-car screech to a stop in front of the old broken house. He smiled and threw his stuff back in to his bag. He heard footsteps coming from below and up the stairs. Suddenly the door slowly opened to reveal the titans. "Danny!" Robin said joyfully. Danny rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Hey" he said. The two brothers slowly stepped towards each other. They looked at each other smiling before embracing each other in a joyous hug. "I'm sorry." Danny whispered. "Me to." Robin whispered back. Suddenly a loud explosion from outside broke the two apart. They all rushed window to see the evil duo of Vlad and Slade attacking. "Ready to get back on the battle field?" Robin said to his brother with a smirk. "Duh!" Danny said as he flew out the window. As they arrived they each took battle stances. Danny took on Vlad, Robin took on Slade, while the others took on the robots that accompanied the villains. Vlad shot a few pink lasers at the ghost boy knocking him out of sky and on to the roof of a near by building. Danny stood up on shaky legs trying to regain his balance. Vlad smirked as he floated above him. Danny's eyes narrowed as he looked up at the evil older ghost. He shot a green ghost ray which Vlad easily dodged. Vlad laughed evilly a fired another blast that barely missed Danny. Danny had then finally had enough. He gathered up all his energy and released an ear piercing ghostly wail. He then slowly began to descend to the ground before completely collapsing to his knees transforming in to his human form. Slade noticed this so he threw Robin off him and in to a wall. He walked up to powerless boy. He aimed a blaster at him. Robin began to get up and noticed Slade standing over his brother. Danny looked up a Slade with scared eyes. Tears formed in his eyes. Slade pulled back on the trigger of the blaster. A beam struck Danny in the chest. Before he walked away Slade pulled out a dagger and plunged it in to Danny's heart. "NOOOOO!!!" Shouted Robin running to catch his brother. Slade then ran off and disappeared. Tears fell from Robin's eyes as he looked at his little brother fighting to keep his eyes open. He pulled Danny's limp body closer to him. "Dick I love you..." Danny whispered. "I love you to Danny..." Robin whispered back. Danny's eyes then slowly closed as his body fell limp. Waves of tears fell from Robin's sky blue eyes as he hugged his brother's body.