Chapter Eleven: An Old Enemy Returns

Danny flew across the night sky on patrol. He took in a breath of the crisp fresh air. He landed on the roof of a tall building and looked over at the street below. He saw people running around going in to shops and carrying bags. He saw a group of kids reminded that him of his friends and sister. He sighed as his heart ached at the thought of his past life. Suddenly a blast from behind sent him crashing in to the building across the street. A figure floated up behind him. "Really Daniel I thought you would have seen that coming." The figure said in a mocking tone. Danny turned to see Vlad floating behind him with an evil grin spread across his face. "Vlad" growled Danny "what are you doing here?" "Can't I come to visit an old friend." Vlad said keeping his mocking voice. "Ha friend, more like enemy" Danny said while charging his fists with green energy. "Fine if that's the way you want it" Vlad said forming pink energy around his own fists. He shot his ghost ray at Danny pushing him farther across the rooftop. Danny pushed him self back on to his feet. He looked at the titans communicator that was strapped to his belt. He thought about calling for help but before he could make a final decision he was blasted by another ghost ray. He shakily stood up and began firing his own rays of ghostly energy. "Please Daniel do you really think you can beat me with your pathetic little powers" Vlad said deflecting all Danny's blasts. "Yes I CAN!" Danny yelled releasing a ghostly wail that threw Vlad back and shifted him back to his human form. Danny fell to his knees. He could see his reflection in a small puddle. The tips of his hair were slightly singed and his face had some scrapes on it. Vlad stood up filled with anger. "You may have have beaten me this time Daniel but just wait, I'll be back." Vlad said as he shifted back and flew off. Danny fell back on to his back, breathing heavily. His body was still trying to recover a small amount. He stood back up and flew back to the tower. As Danny opened the doors to the tower he was greeted by Robin who immediately ran up to him. "Danny are you ok? What happened?" Robin questioned looking at his cuts. Danny slapped his hand away. "I'm fine just an attack from an old enemy." He said beginning to walk down the hall. Robin grabbed his arm and pulled him back in front of him. "Danny this doesn't look like a minor attack." Yelled Robin. Danny sighed and looked down at his feet. Robin placed his hand on Danny's shoulder. "Danny please I'm your brother I care about you please tell me what happened." Robin pleaded. Danny sighed once more and told Robin all about the battle and his relationship with Vlad. "He'll be back, I know he will. He'll stop at nothing until he either destroys me or gets me on his side." said Danny as he choked on a few tears. Robin pulled his brother in to a hug and spoke softly "I promise Danny I won't let anything happen to you." Danny pulled away and looked at his brother as a small smile formed on his tear stained and cut up face. "Now I think we should get those cuts looked at." Robin said grabbing Danny's hand. "Couldn't agree more. They sting extremely bad." Danny said as Robin began pulling him down the hall. They both laughed as they walked down to the medical bay. Little did they know their worst and most hated enemies were getting together to create the biggest threat they've ever faced.