Chapter Nine: Return To Us

Slade stared at the large screens in front of him showing Danny fighting the titans. He smirked behind his mask and placed his cold hand on Danny's shoulder. "You have done well apprentice" he said evilly. Danny just stared at the screens mindlessly. A part of him told him what he was doing was wrong but his mind was to clouded with Slade's evil grip to listen to it. Outside the titans snuck around stealthily. They climbed to the roof of the old rock like building and cut out a medium sized piece of the roof and quietly slid through it. They landed softly on the ground and peered out from behind a large rock structure. They could see Danny staring at some tv screens showing bits of their previous battles. Robin could feel his heart sink as he watched his younger brother. He quickly shook of the feeling of sadness that began to wash over him as he remembered the task before him, saving his little brother. They burst out from behind the rock and took battle stances. Danny quickly turned around surprised and a bit scared. Slade emerged from his throne in the shadows and placed his hand on Danny's shoulder. Danny's surprised face turned an angry one. " Apprentice attack!" Slade yelled causing Danny to charge at the titans. Robin jumped over Danny and rushed to attack Slade and get the controller that controlled the collar. He whipped out his silver Bo staff as Slade did the same. As their staffs collided they found themselves face to face with each other. "Release my brother Slade" Robin yelled pushing harder on his staff. Slade smirked under his mask. "Never" he yelled throwing Robin to the ground. "Soon your brother will be fully under my control" he said with an evil monotone voice. Robin growled furiously as he pushed himself up on to his feet. Robin ran and pounced on Slade. But Slade threw him off making run in to Danny. Danny's red eyes flashed back to green as he looked at his older brother. "Robin?" Danny stuttered. Robin smiled slightly but before they could do anything another shock was sent through Danny's body causing him to fall back under Slade's influence. Robin turned to see Slade holding a small black controller in his hand. Robin knew that must be the thing that controls the collar. Robin charged at Slade as fast as he could. He pushed Slade over and knocked the controller out of Slade's hands. Robin threw the controller up in the air and smashed it on the ground. One last painful shock coursed through Danny's body. He changed back to his human form and fell to the ground unconscious. The collar around his split in two and fell off. Cyborg picked up Danny's lifeless body as Robin threw a smoke bomb. They'd disappeared in the smoke leaving Slade in defeat.