Chapter Twelve: A New Danger

"So what's this great plan you've come up?" Vlad asked Slade as he flew by him. "We're going to target the ghost boy and with him gone Robin will be to devastated to fight correctly. Making it easy to destroy him along with the other titans." Said Slade as he emerged from his throne. "And how exactly are we going to do that?" Vlad asked. "Well now that's going to take some extra planning." Slade said as he clicked a few buttons on a controller to reveal a few charts on the large screens in front of them. Back at the tower Danny entered the ops room. A bandage covered part of his left upper arm. Danny turned to see Starfire who was at the stove stirring a pink bubbling liquid in a pot. He gagged slightly before sitting on the sofa next to Robin. They both watched as Cyborg and Beast boy battled each other on a video game. Just then the crime alert sounded. Robin clicked a few on the keyboard to show where the battle was and who was attacking. They saw the fight was just downtown so they quickly took off. "Slade." Robin growled as they arrived. "But who's that with him?" Asked Beast boy. Danny flew above them to get a better view. He narrowed his eyes as he landed in front of them. "Vlad" he growled. "Oh Daniel how nice of you to join us. Oh and look you brought friends." Vlad said regaining his mocking tone. Vlad then blasted Danny back sending him skidding across the concrete. Robin growled and threw a few birdarangs at Vlad but he just turned intangible letting the objects pass through him. Vlad laughed at them but was soon shot back by a green ray. The team turned to see Danny standing in a battle stance with glowing green fists. Robin smirked slightly before pouncing on Slade. The other titans took out Slade's robots while Danny and Vlad took to the skies blasting each other with their ghost rays. Robin and Slade's Bo staffs collided. Robin pushed down harder on his staff and yelled in Slade's face. "What are you after?! Why have you teamed up with a ghost?! And more importantly a ghost that happens to be my brother's arch enemy." He yelled. "Now Robin why would I tell you that? But if you're really so interested let's just say you should keep a close eye on your precious brother." Slade replied, smirking under his mask. Slade then pushed on his staff with enough force to throw Robin off him and on to the concrete ground a foot away from him. Robin groaned as he stood back up. The rest of the team finished destroying all of the robots. Starfire flew up to Robin and placed a hand on his shoulder. Suddenly the team saw a bright green light and then a beaten Vlad falling from the sky and smashing in to the ground. Danny landed in front of the titans, breathing hard. He then let his eyes glow ice blue as he accessed his icy core. An ice blue flame began to flow off his body. He then shot ice spikes at Slade and Vlad, who was starting to slowly get up. Slade then threw a few smoke bombs and he and Vlad disappeared. Danny landed next to Robin letting his eyes turn to green and the flame die down. They then all returned to the tower. Robin thought about the words Slade had said to him. Why would he need to keep a close eye on his brother. It then hit him. Slade was going to kill his little brother.