CHAPTER 1

BZZT BZZT BZZT...

...

BZZT BZZT BZZT...

As a rectangular box buzzed from its time, a small Korean girl groaned, rolling onto her side whilst hugging a plushie of a dog.

BZZT BZZT B-

A milky white hand searched for the box on the bedside table, successfully hitting a button that made the annoying noise stop.

"Okay okay I get it... I need to wake up, it's not break anymore."

The girl sat up and yawned, drowsily rubbing at her eyes as she let go of her plush. She stood up, pulling away her window curtains to reveal almost-dead trees, leaves blowing around in the wind.

'It's almost winter...'

The girl smiled, heading over to her small bathroom to clean herself up and get ready for the day to come.

She glanced at herself in the mirror as she fixed up her school uniform, brushing aside her long hair.

She thought to herself, 'I need to dye my hair again...'

Her hair was naturally dark, but past her chin, her locks were a platinum blonde all the way to the tips near her midsection.

"Minjeong-ah, are you ready for school?"

The named girl, Minjeong, quickly went out to open her room's door, "yes eomma~" (mom)

She grabbed her bag from the floor, doubling back into her room to grab her phone from her desk before walking over to the kitchen, where her mom stood smiling at her.

"Good morning eomma."

"Good morning, jal jjaseo?" (Did you sleep well?)

Minjeong sat down at her seat at the table, "yes, I did."

The girl quickly ate her breakfast, cleaning up after herself before bidding her mom goodbye.

"Bye eomma!"

"Have a good day at school~"

Minjeong headed out the door into a chilly October morning, holding her backpack straps as she walked down her street to catch the morning bus. When she did, she sat near the front, pulling out a book from her bag to read on her ride to school.

SM High School...

Minjeong had no idea what her school's name meant, all she knew was that it was well-known for their dance and choir program. But... She didn't like to be in the spotlight. She loved to dance and sing, but not in front of a whole bunch of people... Either way, she went to school, studied, did what she needed to do... That's just who Minjeong was.

Her stop came so she hopped out of the bus, thanking the driver before walking down the cobbled walkway to her school. Groups of students would laugh and play around near her, but she walked alone, holding her book in her hand as she quickly walked to the looming school building. She greeted the security guard with a nod, walking away with a bowed head as she walked inside the school's doors.

Silently, Minjeong went up the stairs, brushing past girls and boys alike as she headed to her homeroom. No one was inside, and she silently sighed in relief. She went over to her locker in the back of the class, putting some things away before grabbing a few school books.

"Look who's here..."

Minjeong flinched, unwilling to turn around from her open locker when she heard a terribly familiar voice.