CHAPTER 20

TIMESKIP 1 WEEK...

"Are you okay?"

Winter glanced up at Karina, "yeah, why?"

"You just coughed."

"Oh uh- I'm just- trying not to cry you know?"

She gestured her head to the television screen where a sad scene from a kdrama was playing.

Winter's been getting a few stray coughs here and there for the past few days, but she was indeed, trying not to cry at this time.

She's been going out a lot more lately, maybe the amount of smokers and smoke was getting to her.

What else could it be?

It was the beginning of summer so there was no way she could've gotten sick.

Karina wrapped her arm around the smaller girl, "daww my little puppy is such a softy~"

Winter snuggled closer to the older girl, hugging her sideways around her waist, "I'm your softy."

The two blushed, small smiles lingering as they continued to watch the show...

TIMESKIP A FEW DAYS...

Knock Knock...

Winter grinned as she fixed her hair, "I'll get the door eomma!"

"Araseo~" (okay/alright)

As she ran to the front door, she let out a small cough before opening it to reveal a dark-haired girl.

"Jimin-unnie~"

"Hey Minjeong-ah~"

The younger girl glanced behind her to see that her mom wasn't in sight, turning back around to give the older girl a quick kiss on the lips as she came in.

"Glad you could come."

"Of course! Am I the first one here?"

Winter nodded as they walked back inside, "yeah, Giselle and NingNing are coming together right now."

Karina hummed in response, bowing in respect as Winter's mom came to view.

"Hello, Miss Kim."

"Welcome, Jimin-ah, make yourself at home."

The older girl thanked the mom and looked around, "is your brother not here?"

Winter shook her head, "he's with our dad today."

"Ah, I see, I see..."

The two whisked off into Winter's room, immediately going into conversation, sometimes sneaking a few pecks here and there with soft mutters of fluttering compliments.

Half an hour passed and the front door was knocked on again.

"That must be Giselle and NingNing, let's go."

The two girls stood up and walked down the hall, but another cough from the younger girl didn't escape Karina's ears.

She muttered softly, "are you sure you're not getting sick? You've been getting a bad cough since I came here, for the past few days, even."

"Pssh, why would I be sick in June?"

Karina stared worriedly at the girl next to her, but seeing the blonde girl smile, she relaxed, nodding to drop the topic.

They headed to the living room to see that Miss Kim already let their other two friends inside.

"Hey guys~"