CHAPTER 9

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH...

Karina walked up to the student council's room, seeing that Suho was already inside... she poked her head through the door, smiling at the senior before going in.

"Hello, Suho-ssi."

The red-haired boy smiled, "morning, Karina."

Karina looked around, "are the other two not here yet?"

Suho shook his head, "nope, but Wendy said she's at the front of the school. Irene hasn't answered my text yet, probably on her way here though."

The younger girl nodded, sitting herself down in front of him as the two waited in silence.

...

...

...

"Karina?"

"Yes?"

"... Have you lost anyone to the Black Mamba? Or well, has anyone close to you been comatosed..."

A sudden news story popped into the girl's head, and she remembered that some victims passed away due to severe sickness or the inability to keep hospital machines going due to lack of money.

Karina shook her head, "no, the only ones I knew personally were Seulgi and Mark... Have you? I-if you don't mind saying."

The senior weakly chuckled, "a few friends... Although Mark and Seulgi were the closest to me."

Karina nodded slowly, "you were close with Seulgi-unnie?"

Suho nodded, "sort of? We knew each other since we were younger, we had quite a few classes together too."

"Ah, I see... I'm sorry to hear you lost some friends though..."

He gave her a smile, "it's fine, thanks though, Karina..."

...

"I hope you never have to feel that loss again though..."

Before Karina could reply, the room's door opened, revealing Wendy.

"Hello Wendy." "Hi Wendy-unnie."

The short Korean smiled and waved, "hey guys."

"Is Irene not here yet?"

Wendy shook her head, "nope, surprising though, since Yeri and Joy's already here, and those two are always the last ones out of all of us."

"Well... let's wait as long as we can, if it gets past the five-minute mark until school starts, we'll just not have a meeting today."

Wendy nodded, "yeah, there's nothing new that came up anyways."

The group of three began to talk, but as the clock ticked closer to the school's starting time, the trio grew worried.

"Has Irene-unnie ever been late to school?"

Wendy shook her head, "no never, and she only missed if she was really really sick..."

She then giggled, "even when she had a sleepover with Seulgi before, she practically dragged that poor bear out of her sleep so they wouldn't get late."

They all chuckled at that, but as soon as the moment came, the heaviness resumed.

...

...

...

Suho sighed, "maybe she's sick, Wendy, do you have any classes with her?"

Wendy hummed in response, "yup, I do, I'll let you guys know if I see her."