CHAPTER 5

TIMESKIP 1 WEEK...

"Winter."

"Ah!"

Winter yelped in surprise as she stepped out of the school doors, clutching her heart as she glanced over to see who called her.

Karina tilted her head at the startled girl, "did I scare you that much? I just called your name."

Winter sighed in relief, "n-no not really... Except for the fact that you were right next to the door."

The older of the two chuckled, going over to link her arm in Winter's, "sorry, Minjeong-ah."

Winter's heart kept up its rapid pace from earlier, her eyes trailing down to the link in their arms as she softly blushed.

"Are you cold? Your face is kind of red."

Winter nervously laughed, fanning her face, "I'm just calming down from that surprise."

Karina pulled Winter closer to her, taking the girl's hand out of her pocket and intertwining their fingers.

"Your hands are so icy, are you sure you aren't getting cold?"

Winter's face grew darker in shade, the only person she held hands with before this was her family, but the gesture calmed her down just enough to let her speak without stuttering.

"I'm fine unnie, really."

With that answer, Karina finally knew what was going on with Winter.

And so she put on her best "worried" face, resting her free hand on Winter's cheek.

"Are you sure? Jeez Winter you're burning!"

That got the reaction the older girl wanted, the reaction being Winter literally being frozen, her blush spreading to her ears as she tried to form words.

"I-I- ee- uh- y-yeah I-I'm o-okAay."

Winter clasped her hand onto her mouth, somehow blushing harder than she was before from her sudden voice crack.

Winter couldn't tell if she was living her best life or if she was just making a clown out of herself, one thing was for certain though, she just died inside.

But then Karina giggled, verbally expressing her thoughts loud enough for the flustered girl to hear clearly.

"Cute."

It wasn't in Korean, and it wasn't a small whisper. It was full of softness but with a slight hint of confidence from the vice president.

Winter began to walk, pulling Karina along without looking behind her, "let's go before I actually get a cold."

The younger girl was still hiding her face, but behind her hand was a growing smile. It took all she had not to just squeal in delight from what Karina said to her.

On the other hand, Karina was grinning broadly, anyone who saw her would wonder why she was smiling like an idiot at the back of a girl's head.

They walked in silence, and soon enough Karina's grin softened to a subtle smile as she stared at their knitted fingers.

"Bark!"

Karina jumped while Winter grinned, motioning for the older to follow her.

"What was that?"

"Ttang Kong!"

Karina tilted her head as she let Winter lead her to the front of an alley."

"Peanut?"