CHAPTER 11

TIMESKIP 3 WEEKS...

"Eomma, I'm leaving now!"

"Get there safely, okay Minjeong-ah?"

Winter grabbed a backpack near the front, "I will, don't worry~"

Winter's mom nodded from the kitchen, "I'll come by to say hello later tonight after I finish work."

"Why don't you stay like I am?"

Her mom chuckled, "that's too much in my opinion... I'll stay long enough to count down with you all."

Winter nodded, waving as she headed out the front door, "okay, bye eomma~"

As her breath hit the chilly air, a puff of smoke came out, Winter immediately shivering as she made her way across her slightly snowy front yard. It was December 31st... New Year's Eve.

And she'd be spending it with Karina.

...

And her parents too but she was mainly focused on spending her night over with Karina.

She grinned to herself, pulling her scarf tighter to warm herself up. Who knows why Winter thought it was fine to wear a hoodie over a t-shirt with sweatpants during one of the coldest days in Korea, she was just excited to see Karina for the first time during their winter break. She jogged to keep herself warm, arriving at her friend's house after a few minutes.

Knock Knock...

Winter shoved her hands in her hoodie pocket, willing her teeth not to chatter as she waited for the door to be answered.

Giselle and NingNing sadly couldn't come... Due to them both coming back tomorrow from their home countries after spending the break with their families. Winter hoped they could all meet up before the break ended in a few days though, maybe even bring Ttang Kong along with them.

Ttang Kong...

Winter prayed to whoever was watching over them that he'd be okay. On her last day of school she -secretly- bought him a blanket and enough food to last him two weeks just in case she couldn't visit him but... Korea's winter could be very harsh at times...

Before she could think more of it, the front door opened.

Winter grinned, "hi Kar-'

She startled as the older raven-haired girl quickly pulled her inside, shutting the front door.

"Winter it's so cold outside! Why'd you wear such thin clothing?"

Winter felt her face warm up as Karina brushed aside a few strands of her fully blonde hair, "uhhh I mean- I live five minutes away so..."

Karina sighed, "still, you might catch a cold. Just because you're nicknamed 'Winter' doesn't mean you're immune to the actual winter."

"Are you my mom now?"

"I might become one if you don't take care of yourself."

Winter giggled at that, "anyways... Do you like my hair? I finally dyed it again."

Karina glanced at the fully platinum-blonde girl, her eyebrow raising as she saw that the tips of her hair were colored a cerulean blue.

"You dyed it blue too?"

Winter nodded, becoming shy, "I wanted to try something new... Does it look bad?"

Karina suddenly waved her hands, "no it looks fine! You look adorable."

Winter blushed at that, hiding her face with her hair, "ahhh unnie stob itttt."

The older girl chuckled, gently pulling Winter's hands away before brushing aside her hair, "but really, you look good Minjeong-ah."