CHAPTER 19

TIMESKIP 1 WEEK...

"Are we third and fourth wheels?"

Giselle stood next to NingNing, both of them watching their other two friends subtly flirting with each other while waiting in line for food.

"I think so, they're so cheesy. I can't believe they aren't dating yet."

NingNing sighed, "I'm just glad you were free, I don't think I would've made it if I went alone with them."

Giselle laughed, wrapping an arm around the younger girl, "I'm glad you were free too."

The two girls giggled at each other, continuing to talk as they waited for Winter and Karina to come back with the food.

...

"No offense to Ttang Kong, but you're the cuter puppy."

Winter pouted at the older girl, "you always say that."

Karina tapped her chin in thought, "well... My love for you is bigger than the cosmos."

"Huh?"

"The Universe."

"Oh- Well- I- You're-"

The younger girl huffed, "I can't beat that, I just love you."

Karina wrapped her arm around Winter's waist, "dah, that's enough for me."

The older girl's action made Winter blush, and she looked up to the menu to avoid eye-contact while Karina laughed.

...

...

"Your order number is 34."

"Thank you!"

The cashier nodded, handing the girls their receipt.

"You think the others will like what we picked for them?"

Winter chuckled, "I know for sure Giselle will like hers, we've been here a lot together in the past... This is NingNing's first time here I think? So I hope she likes hers..."

The duo went back to the third and fourth wheels, their friends glancing up at them from watching something on Giselle's phone when they heard them approach.

"Our number's 34, shouldn't take too long."

NingNing gave them a thumbs up as they sat down in front of them, "I trust you guys when you say this place is good."

Giselle nodded, putting away her phone, "it really is good, don't worry NingNing-ah."

The girls began to talk about their plans for the rest of the summer, eating their lunch when it was ready, laughing around with each other like any group of friends would do outside of school.

....

...

...

...

"That was fun!"

Winter nodded enthusiastically alongside NingNing, "really really fun."

"Winter, you just liked the food."

The said girl pouted at her best friend, "not true!"

Karina giggled at the two's bickering, "hey, the food was pretty good."

The four giggled as they walked out of the mall, the dumb and dumber duo playfully pushing each other around as the eldest and youngest watched with stifled laughs and shaking heads.

Ding!

The two stopped playing around as they heard a phone ding, and Winter fished out her phone from her pocket.