CHAPTER 2

Students walked past Giselle, some saying hi as they went by, the Japanese girl waving and smiling back at them. It'd be a lie to say she wasn't surprised at her best friend talking to the vice president of the student council, but she was glad that Winter might have found a new friend.

'I might not be able to be there for Winter all the time...' Giselle thought as she walked into her classroom. It made her at ease to see that Winter was comfortable talking with someone else other than her, just in case she couldn't go to Giselle in an emergency.

Ding Dong Ding Dong...

The girl made it to her seat right as the bell rang, greeting a few of her acquaintances here and there if they sat near her...

....

...

...

"Giselle-unnie!"

It was break now, and Giselle turned around to find a red-haired girl waving at her from across the cafeteria. Giselle smiled, walking over to the younger girl with her lunch in hand.

"Hey, NingNing-ah."

Yizhou, more commonly known as NingNing to the students, was another one of Giselle's close friends, her fiery red hair as bold and quirky as her personality. Both of them were in a popular group at school but the aura around them was different from the rest. Although their "friend group" had a lot of people, they both weren't close with any of them except for each other.

"Let's go outside and eat, it's not that windy."

Giselle glanced up and down at the Chinese girl, "are you sure?" She wasn't wearing leggings underneath her skirt, and the girl's school jacket was nowhere to be found.

NingNing nodded, "yeah! I'm not cold."

Giselle smiled, "then let's go outside."

The younger one grinned back, both of them walking past crowds of students to head outside to the school's large field.

...

"Hey, isn't that your friend?"

Giselle glanced over to where NingNing was pointing to see a familiar girl talking, no, laughing, with another girl that was much taller than her.

She smiled at the sight, "yeah, want to go to them?"

The two began to walk, Giselle calling out to her best friend while giving a long wave.

"Winter!"

The shorter girl from afar jumped after hearing her name, turning with a surprised yet annoyed expression to the coming students.

"Can you stop yelling out my name?"

"Sorry Mindungi~"

Winter blushed in embarrassment, pushing Giselle's arm while the tallest of them all raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Mindungi?"

"It's nothing, Karina-unnie."

"Call her that, she likes it."

"No I don't."

"What about Gyeoulie?"

All three girls stared at the vice president, Winter in flustered shock, Giselle first in shock but then knowingly, and NingNing since well, the others were looking.

"G-Gyeoulie?"

Was the vice president low-key flirting with the straight-A's student? Giselle thought so, and NingNing was smirking as well, both giving the equivalent to lenny faces at the other two.