CHAPTER 13

"Where do you think Karina and Winter are?"

Giselle glanced over to her red-headed friend before shrugging, "dunno, maybe their making out or something."

NingNing playfully smacked the other girl's arm, "unnie!"

Giselle laughed, "I'm kidding NingNing-ah, they're probably coming soon, so don't worry about them. I saw them earlier today either way."

...

"Achoo!"

Karina stared at Winter in worry, "are you catching a cold?"

"No, I don't think so..."

She sighed, "you shouldn't have sat out in the snow yesterday, Minjeong-ah."

Winter gave Karina a smile, "I'm fine~ unnie, Giselle's probably just talking about me."

Karina raised an eyebrow, "and how do you know that?"

The younger shrugged, "this happens all the time, we have this weird bond connecting us I guess."

Karina's eyes subtly flattened, "oh really?"

No one would notice her change in expression, but Winter knew better than to think Karina didn't care, so she smirked.

"Yeah, I don't know why, but it's probably because we're best friends or something. This 'dumb and dumber' bond connects us in ways other things can't."

Karina pouted, "ah I see..."

But then she jumped as Winter laughed, "dawww look at jealous little Karomi~"

The older girl flustered up, "w-what? I'm not jealous!"

"Sure~"

"And why do you keep calling me Karomi?"

"Why do you keep calling me Gyeoulie?"

"Because it's cute!"

"There's your answer. I call you Karomi because it's cute, and I call you jagiya because well, it's true."

Karina's blush deepened in color and she had to look away, "s-sure thing, Minjeong."

"Anyways, why'd you bring me here?"

"Well... It's about yesterday..."

Winter smirked, "what, do you want to kiss me again?"

"Wh- I- that's not- ... Sort of..."

The younger girl looked around, seeing no one but them at the back of the school, before going up on her toes to peck Karina on the lips.

"Gee then you could've just asked instead of bringing me back here."

She giggled as Karina became an even more blushing mess, loving how the older girl was acting.

"But yeah, what about yesterday?"

"Well..."

Winter waited patiently as her friend struggled to find the right words to say, giving her a small smile.

"... What are we?"

The question struck down on the younger girl and she froze, her brain becoming an old and buffering Windows computer.

"Uhhhhhh..."