𝟷 | 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

A/N
(READ)
In future chapters (along with this one) they are mentions of present time stuff (Like AirPods, TikTok, Stranger Things, etc) The reason for that is I originally wrote this book to be set in 2022 but I changed it halfway through.
If I were to change it, I would have to change most of the chapters and That's a pain. Yes, there is present songs. I will keep that because it doesn't really matter for the story or anything.
Sorry for the confusion

____

"ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏ - ꜱᴜʀꜰ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ"
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺
•—•—•—•—•—•—•

"Locking my eyes with you, I can't fight it"

November 12, 1982

It was currently 7:49pm, My family and I are moving to Hurricane, Utah from Colorado. To save money, my dad wanted to drive instead of fly. Me and my brother, Simon were really pissed by that because we wanted to fly.

It's a 8 hour drive and we're currently 6 hours in, leaving us only 2 hours away from our destination. We were moving to this small house in a small neighborhood called Dixon court.

The school we will be attending is a 2 minute walk from where we will soon live. It isn't the best school in the neighborhood, but it's good enough for my dad to make us go there.

My thoughts are broken by the sound of a loud car passing by and my dad whisper yelling 'stupid drunk drivers'

"How many more hours, mom?" My brother asks

"About 2 hours, I assume," Dad answers "hang in there, guys"

Simon groans at the answer and leans his head on his hand and looks out the window.

"Can I have the ruffles dad?" I ask, tapping his shoulder lightly to get his attention

"Oh, dear, we finished them already, take a banana, will you?" My dad offers me a banana

I accept the offer and peel the banana skin down. I take a bite of the soft fruit. The peaceful moment gets interrupted by Simon snickering.

"What?" I look over to Simon, who is looking out the window

"Look, there is a random animatronic head right there" he points to a golden animatronic head

I lean over to get a better view of what Simon was looking at "Damn, someone left it out to rot" I snicker

The car speeds up as the red light becomes green. I pull out my phone on go on Netflix "omg guys, the new Stranger Things season is out!"

"Really? We should watch it when we get to our new house!" Simon says in excitement

"That sounds fun" my dad joins in.

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

2 hours have past and we are not about 10 minutes away from our new house. Dad described the house to be a dark green and brown single story house.

"Are you guys excited?" My dad asks, keeping his eyes on the road, making sure we don't crash

"Yep!" Simon cheerfully speaks. Taking his eyes off his phone for once

"Y/n?" My dad says. My AirPods are in so I can't hear him "y/n!"

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, yeah, I'm excited, I guess" I take my left airpod out so I can hear better.

"I guess? Okay, well we're about 3 minutes away" He shrugs

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

We pull up to a small one story house. The walls around the house are all a dark shade of green except the walls around the door, those walls are a brown color.

There is a front lawn with a large tree and some other plants.

We park our car on the driveway and open the car doors and step outside. The cooling breeze hits my face once I get outside. It feels really good to stretch my cramped legs.

Stepping stones leading to the ground door with a little brick porch with a black mailbox and white bench. I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the house. The color scheme was really nice to.

"Wow, this is beautiful" I stare at it in awe.

"I agree" Simon says

"Alright! Let's explore inside" my dad fiddles with the house keys and unlocks the front door.

Once we walked in we were faced with a large living room with a arched door frame leading to the kitchen. The kitchen was a nice size, a sliding glass door bringing you ti the backyard that had a fairly big swing set. Back to the kitchen again there was another door frame leading to the dining room.

Then there was a hallway leading to the bedrooms and bathrooms. There was 2 bedrooms on the rightside of the wall that were for me and Simon. The left wall had 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.

[Okay enough explaining]

I chose a room with a big window that was facing the front yard so I can see the lovely view of the neighborhood.

I was sitting on the carpeted floor on my computer, buying what I wanted and planning out where everything would go. Dad gave me a budget of $700 because I don't know.

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

We had just finished dinner, which was pasta and it was delicious. And now we are currently trying to fall asleep.

I couldn't fall asleep since it was in a new setting but I know I will eventually.

I'm excited to start decorating my room tomorrow. My eyelids become heavy and I close my eyes and drift of to sleep.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

. . .
Hope u enjoyed it.