𝟹𝟼 | 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - Sunsetz - Cigarettes After Sex"
0:00 ───⊙─────── 0:00
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'And when you go away, I still see you'

__

February 21, 1983

As excited as I am, I'm pretty nervous still for the dance, which is today. I don't know what to say, what to do, heck, I don't even know how to dance.

I wonder if Mike wouldn't want to go with me if he found out, and u have no time to learn. Besides, my dad isn't home to teach me.

I really hope Mike liked the dress I picked out, I know it's Mike, but I'm still nervous if he will hate it. I should've asked what he liked before I went shopping.

While I was there, I got him a box of his favorite chocolates. I hope it's the right kind. I know he hates dark chocolate.

Mike told me he'd be picking me up in about two hours, and I'm fucking freaking out. I'm still processing last night.

It was way better than I thought, way better than I heard. It only hurt the first second. Mike is big, it took awhile to get used to.

Anyways, Mike was stressing the whole time after I finished, he kept asking me questions, which was cute, though.

I shake my thought away, sitting up from my bed than grabbing a towel and walk to the bathroom.

I turn the shower on, and while I wait for my desired temperature I take my clothes off and lock the door. Once the water is warm enough, I lift in leg into the shower, adjusting to the heat than getting fully under.

I get my hair wet, then get the conditioner and put it in my hair. While I wait to wash it out, I put body wash all over my body. Once I finish that I wash it off, along with the conditioner.

Once I wash it out, I spread shampoo all over my hair and then wash it out.

When I finish doing that, I stand under the water, not doing anything, just thinking while staring at the wall.

What if I mess up? What if when we dance I hurt him? What if j spill a drink in him? What if he thinks I'm ugly?

After about ten minutes, I hear someone banging on the door "y/n! You've been in there for 20 minutes, get out!" My dad yells.

"Okay!" I shout back, rolling my eyes. I turn the shower off and step out, shivering from the coldness.

I wrap the towel around me then jog to my bedroom. I check the time, seeing I have an hour left to get ready. And since I wanna look good for Mike, I Del ode to just get ready to do my hair and makeup.

I get I to the dress, adjusting it so it fits. I pull it down to show some cleavage. I walk to the bathroom, getting some makeup out and applying it.

Once my hair dries, I (style, straighten, curl, do nothing) it. I then walk out to the living room, seeing Simon watching a show on our small ass tv. "How do I look?" I say, lifting the sides of the dress up and bowing.

"Ugly" Simon jokes, earning a glare from me. "Kidding, you look good"

"Thanks," I smile at him, earning one back. "Are you not going?" I say, tilting my head.

"No I am," He says "with Mark"

I smile "yay! He asked you?"

"Yeah!" He smiles also, turning the TV off.

"And that's what your wearing?" I look at his outfit, a baggy sweatshirt and big shorts that go down to his knees.

"When's he picking you up?" I ask, but then I hear a honk. I look out the window, not Mike.

"Now" He says, he sits up and gives me a hug, I wrap my arms around him.

"Good luck, Sim," I pat his back "Don't mess up"

"Says the one who doesn't know how to dance," he chuckles, I punch his shoulder "Bye, sis"

"Byee" I push him out the door, smiling and waving bye as he leaves the house and walks into Marks car.

I wave at Mark, and he waves back.

Once they leave, I plop down on the couch and turn the TV back on. I don't pay attention to it, though, my main focus is on the dance. I pray I won't mess up. Maybe I just bail, with Mike, of course.

I don't, though, I bought this dress, and Zara is expecting me also, I know Mike is too. I check the time, it's almost time for Mike to pick me up. Maybe I just walk over to his.

I decide it's best, since Simon already left, it most likely means Zara is there as well.

I sit up, dusting my dress off and then walking out the door. I walk to the next driveway, which is Mikes.

I knock on the door, awaiting an answer. William answers, he looks at me "Y/n.." He says, moving aside.

I stare at him blankly, nodding and then walking inside. "Mike is upstairs" He says.

"Okay" I reply.

I walk upstairs, making it to Mikes room. I knock on his door. "Dad go away!" He shouts. I chuckle.

"It's me" I say, laughing a little bit. I hear faint shuffling in his room, and then the door opening.

He's wearing a tuxedo to big for him, his hair half styles and his converse. I personally think he looks hot.

"You look messy, but hot" I look up at him, fixing his sleeves a little.

"Thank you," He wraps his arms around my waist "And I think you look beautiful" He looks me up and down, smirking.

I punch his chest "Stop" I smile.

"Okay, love," He takes my hand "Let's go"

. . .
I updated again 🤩

Hope you enjoyed