𝟺𝟼 | 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕

My Kind of Woman - Mac DeMarco

"As long as you're next to me, just the two of us."

May 29, 1983
Mike POV

As she walks out, my eyes are glued to her. She's so beautiful and gorgeous and I'm so lucky to have met her. I really regret how much of a jerk I've been to her, but I'd I wasn't, we wouldn't be here.

I know I don't deserve her, she deserves so much better than a jerk and asshole like me. I know she could be treated so much better, and I wish I could give her everything she wanted.

I'm making a promise to myself that the second I get enough money in my wallet I'm just going to give it to her. She really deserves the world.

"What are you looking at, donkey," She says so suddenly, I shake out of my trance.

"You," I reply with a smile.

She looks at me weirdly, "That's so cheesy."

I chuckle, walking downstairs and grabbing her hand, kissing it and leading her to the table.

My family is already there, my dad sitting next to Elizabeth and Evan at the end. Simon is on the other end. I move the chair back for y/n, pushing it forward once she's seated and then going around to sit down next to her.

Of course, I can't forget to give her a kiss on her cheek. I honestly can't control that, it's second nature.

Elizabeth interrupts, "Aww! Mikey's in love!" She squeals, causing embarrassment to rise to my face.

Y/n chuckles, looking over at me. Then Simon and Evan fake gag, "Gross, love," Simon says.

"Fuck off, elephant," Y/n says, which was a random insult but I laugh anyways.

"Language, y/n," My dad is so random, I don't get why when it comes to y/n or anybody that is his family he acts like a normal father but when it's behind closed doors he's this monster that has the most murderous eyes ever.

"Okay, sorry Mr. Afton," She smiles, taking a bite of her food.

I know I should start eating so my dad won't yell at me, but seeing y/n looking so peaceful and pretty makes me stop and stare.

Later

"Can't you stay the night?" I ask, holding y/n in my arms as she makes her way to the front door.

Her and Simon are beginning to leave, and I start to protest. I hate not being able to see her. Seeing her leave is the most dreadful part of the day, and I wish it would never happen.

She purses her lips, "I can't, Mikey, I have homework."

"You always have homework."

"I don't want to fail, someone needs the good grades," She jokes, lightly punching my shoulder before rubbing the same spot, looking in my eyes. "I promise you I'll stay the night another day."

"You always say that," I say in the same tone I used earlier.

I wish she stopped working so much. Her life is revolved around homework and school and she never haves anytime for me. I see all these other couple in school and parks and how they're always together, and I think back to when that was us, either as friends or as a couple.

She kisses my jaw before leaving. And I watch, feeling lonely already. Before any of my family can laugh or yell, I hurry to my room and slam the door.

I throw myself on my bed and look over at our Polaroids, seeing her smiling face and mine. My mind begins to wonder.

I think back to the time when we weren't friends, when we hated each other. Although we weren't together, I still enjoyed teasing her and seeing her smile and funny reactions. But now I hate myself for being a dick, and I've always said I'd never let a girl change me.

But she did. I know she did. Ever since y/n, I felt a part of me drift away, and letting my body and emotions become more relaxed.

I think back to the time where we were two young teenagers in love, going out, ditching classes, laughing and causing trouble. A lot has changed in very little time.

I run a hand through my hair, sighing. I stare at my room as my eyes begin to close.

...

Hope you enjoyed!

I'm flopping so hard right now but I'm the cause of that hehe 🦋🐶🤗

anyways boo so I finally posted about 743 words (779 if you count all the words) 😣😣 so little I know

ANYWAYSSS I hope you liked it I tried something new 🍾😭