𝟸𝟹 | 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚢

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - Not Allowed - TV Girl "
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'And how he never even took you out to dance'

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

January 5, 1983

"I'm going to do it today" I tell Mike, as we walk to school.

"Alright" He nods, looking at me then back ahead. From what I've heard from Zara, Zane isn't doing so feel.

"You really sucked yesterday with skating," He brings yesterday up. Yesterday was cool, I kept falling even though Mike tried helping me.

"Yeah, and what's wrong with that?" I scoff, kicking a pebble that was in my way.

He rolls his eyes and opens his mouth to talk "You remember what you said, about missing how things used to be?" He asks.

"Yeah" I nod, the route we take to school makes us cross a abandoned railroad track, after that it's just a trail.

It's pretty peaceful, I like it. "Well, after school, maybe you and me can do something?" He suggests.

I don't know if he's asking me on a date or just a normal friend meet up kind of thing. But it seems like fun.

"Sure, maybe the pizzeria?" I speak, looking up at him as we cross the railroad tracks. He looks back at me and smiles.

"But Vanessa" He says, getting a little nervous. I roll my eyes at him, I wish I was talking to the Mike that doesn't give one fuck about her.

"Fuck Vanessa, we'll just do what we always do" I say, crossing my arms as we reach the entrance of the school.

We walk inside the halls and to our lockers "Okay" He speaks, walking by my side.

"Is something the matter?" I stop and look up at  him, since he's taller, I have to look up, and it's annoying.

"I'm fine, just a little shooken up" He admits, clawing at his arms.

I swat his hands away from doing that "Stopit," I say in a stern, yet worried tone "what happened?"

He hesitates, looking down for a bit at his beat up shoes "My father" He says quietly, sniffing, almost as if he's crying.

I put my finger under his chin and make him look at me, he isn't crying, but he was, his eyes are red "What about your father?"

"He..." Mike stops, wondering is he should tell me. I've always known William was a mysterious guy, but what could he have done to make Michael act this way?

"Don't force yourself, Mike, take your time" I say, half smiling and taking his hand. I lead him to a empty stairway and we sit down.

"Okay.." He whispers, only for me and him to hear. He leans his head on my shoulder and sighs, I can feel his warm breath on my neck.

I pat his shoulder, and then play with my hair. Normally, he doesn't let anyone touch his hair, but I guess he wants me to, since he's not swatting my hand away like he always does.