𝟸𝟷 | 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins"
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'How many heartaches must I stand'

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

January 3, 1983

I can't get it out of my head, but everytime I'm alone, it pops up. I wanna be able to think about something else, but I can't.

I'm glad I managed to escape before he could...slip it in, but it still haunts me, thank god Mike was there.

But now I know it's the perfect time to start the plan. I call Mike over and now I'm currently waiting for him at the park.

It only took him 5 minutes to get here, finally. "I've been waiting forever, Mike" I whine, sitting up and walking towards him.

"Not my fault, I told you I wouldn't be there right away," He puts his hands up "If only you could listen"

I furrow my eyebrows "Whatever," I huff, sitting back down again "I think it's time to actually start the plan"

"Wait," Mike says, leaning his elbows on his knees and looking at me "Are you sure your okay to do this? I mean after what happened last night-"

"I'll be fine, Michael. You don't need to worry about me so much" I scoff, throwing a rock at the tree in front of us.

"Yeah, we'll your my friend and I don't want you getting hurt" He admits, leaning back in the bench and looking at the sky.

I look over to Mike, a wave of emotions washes washes over me, mixed with regret, anger, frustration, and love.

Flashbacks fill my Brain, back to when I had a crush on Mike. And now I'm starting to think that crush never left.

Mike was the only one there for me durning my hardest of times, heck, he's basically pretending to be my boyfriend, again.

I regret being dry to him, but that's kind of my personality. Sometimes I wish I never liked Zane, I don't think I ever did.

"Hey, Mike" sighed, looking down at my worn out shoes from when I was younger.

"Yeah?" He replies, combing his hair back with his fingers and turning his gaze towards me. I look up at him.

"Your right" I admit, peeling my nails.

"Right about what?" He questions, raising a brow at me.

"About me, not liking Zane" I look up and meet his gaze, a frown forms on my face.

"Yeah, I know," He looks at the sky "But I'm glad you realize" He blinks, biting his lip and then looking to the ground.

I smile "Yeah, I'm sorry for being rude, you were just trying to look out for me"

"No. You had every right to be upset with me, I mean, getting into your first relationship is exciting, and nobody should make you question it. So I'm sorry"