𝟺𝟸 | 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - The Way I Loved You - Taylor Swift"
0:00 ───⊙─────── 0:00
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

"I'm so in love that I acted insane."

__

April 17, 1983

That fucking bitch?! She thinks she can hit on my boyfriend and get away with it? I clench my teeth, furrowing my eyebrows and squeezing my hands.

Mike notices, and let's go of my waist. "What's wrong?" He asks, looking at me.

"She totally likes you, Mike." I say, not telling who. I know he knows who I'm talking about. We've gotten so close to the point he can read my mind, not literally, though.

"Who, Zara?" He says in a form of a question. I send him a quick nod in return, looking at my feet and playing with my fingers.

"I know," Mike replies, making my head shoot up in confusion. "It's really obvious."

"You do?"

"Yeah, but I don't like her back," He shrugs, taking my hand in his and giving it a little squeeze. "I don't see the big deal, I'd never leave you for her." He sends me a wink, making my cheeks flush a red color.

"I do.." I say, walking us over to a bench near some train tracks that we normally follow to get to school. "It bugs me."

I rest my head on his shoulder, sighing. Mike wraps his arm around my shoulder and caresses my arm. "It shouldn't, okay? She won't steal me away," He reassures me. "And to be honest, I never really liked her."

"Yeah I know, Mike, it bugs me that she likes you," I say, clenching my hands. "If she's my friend she shouldn't like you, she knows we're dating."

"Yeah, I know love, it's weird," He agrees, brushing his hair out of his face and looking down at me. "My best option is to ignore her."

"How can I ignore it?!" I snap, sitting up. Mikes arm quickly moves away. I didn't mean to snap at him, it just happens. "She's hitting on you, and you think I should ignore it? Fuck no, I'm doing something about it."

Mike furrow his eyebrows, his expression not being as soft with me. "You're being dramatic, y/n. Just let it go."

"I am not going to let it go!"

"Y/n, can you think right now, please? Have you seen what's happened last time you tried doing something about a situation?" Mike says. "You lost so many friends, do you want to relive that?"

I pause, realizing he has a point. I look away at my feet, feeling bad for yelling at him. "Okay, yeah. I'm sorry for yelling at you, Mike."

Mike smiles and nods, leaning in and kissing my forehead. "You wanna go do something?"

"Like what?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Uh, we could go to the arcade." He suggests, scooting closer to me and smiling.

"Sure!" I agree, grinning happily.

Mike picks me up and drives us to the arcade, blasting music from his CD player that was installed in his car.

I open his you've compartment and take a smoke from there. I place the cigarette in my mouth and light it. "If you're going to steal my shit than at least share." Mike says, since I took the last one.

"Whatever." I chuckle, taking a huff of the cigarette and then passing it to Mike. He smokes it and then passes it back to me.

"Y'know who's kinda hot?" Mike says, sharing a quick glance at me and then back at the road, drumming the wheel to the song playing.

"Who?"

"Ms. Roberts." He smirks, scoffing.

I furrow my eyebrows in disgust and look over at him. "The fuck?"

"I'm kidding," *He purses his lips, patting my shoulder. "maybe."

I roll my eyes, a smile tugs at the end of my lips. I cross my arms and look outside, seeing we're driving away from the arcade. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"I dunno, didn't feel up for the arcade." He sighs, running a red light.

"Dude!" I say, laughing a little bit.

"What? Cmon, nobody saw."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, fighting back a smile.

Times like this make me enjoy life so much more. I don't know how or why Mike makes me feel this way, but when I'm with him I'm the happiest I've ever been.

. . .
Sorry for the wait <3

Hope you enjoyed!