7

EMILIA

Marco leads us inside his mansion. It was very similar to the one in Italy.

Just then we hear a window crash from upstairs.

"Voi animali( you animals) I'm gonna shoot whoever did that" my uncle shouts.

I hear footsteps running downstairs and about 4 boys stand in front of their dad.

"Dad it was Alessio" one of them points at another one who's mouth is wide open.

"Dad you know me, I was watching them" he smiles innocently at his dad.

"ENOUGH" he shouts causing them all to shut up. "We have guests over and as usual I have to babysit you".

The 4 boys turn to see us all starting at them. All their eyes stop on me as they go wide.

"It's really her" Alessio says.

I step closer to Alonzo looking for some sort of support but instead he nudges me so I'm now in the spotlight.

I turn around to see him and my other brothers laughing.

"Traitor" I mouth to him.

"Yes, boys this is your cousin Emilia" my uncle Marco says.

I smile and say a small "hey".

They all take one step closer to me then another and another until I'm pulled into a hug by the sweaty boys.

My dad pulls me out the hug while glaring at them. "You all stink". He says which made everyone laugh.

"Once again we are forgotten" Remy suddenly says, pretending to sniffle.

The 4 boys look at each then smile. They run up to my brothers and tackle them to the ground apart from Alonzo of course they leave him alone.

After there rugby session they all get up and run back over to me.

"Wait, I thought there was 6 what happened to the other 2" I say quickly. Hopefully they didn't die.

"They're out with your Aunite" Uncle Marco says. I nod at him.

My dad, uncle Marco and Alonzo left to do so "business" leaving my with my brothers and cousins.

We're all sat on the sofa when one of them starts talking.

"Hey I'm Alessio as you know, I'm the third oldest" he smiles at me and I smile back. He has dimples like me.

"I'm myles and I'm the same age as you, our birthdays are only a month apart"

Wait how does he know my birthday.

"How'd u know my birthday" i look at him raising my eyebrow.

"Everyone knows you Emilia, we were searching for years" Dante suddenly cuts in a hint of sadness in his voice.

Mamma never really explained everything in that letter, she just said I have a dad and brothers.

"What do you mean". I question further.

Dante signs before carrying on. "Your.. our mum took you away from us when you were two with no explanation, we searched for you for years but mum she was smart she made sure you were untraceable".

I look around at everyone. The all look sad and have their heads down.

I feel tears forming in my eyes but I won't show them I'm vulnerable.

Mamma took me from my family, my dad. I mean obviously being in the mafia is dangerous but she could've at least told me. I shouldn't speak about her like this she might not even be alive.

"Im sorry" are the only words I can mutter. I have nothing to apologise for i Just feel bad for my family.

"Don't say sorry" luca says sternly. He scares me a bit.

I nod before turning my head to the ground. It's a bit awkward in here now.

"Anyways, moving on from the depressive stuff I'm Caio and this is Elio" one of my cousins says while slapping his brothers neck.

Alessio laughs causing Elio to punch him. One thing leads to another and all the boys are wrestling each other on the floor.

The male species at its finest.

We hear the front door open and a loud women's voice booms through the house.

"Boys, come help with the shopping" a women with a thick Italian accent shouts.

So im assuming she's my Aunite.

Dad, uncle Marco and Alonzo suddenly come out from the office. "Tesoro( darling) there's someone I want you to meet".

I stand up and go stand beside uncle Marco. A women and two men walk round the corner standing still when they see me.

My aunite gasps and runs towards me pulling me into her warm embrace. "Principessa(princess)" her voice cracks a little.

She lets go and smiles at me with adoration. "You're so big now". I don't remember this women but thanks.

"Boys don't stand their like fools come see your cousin".

The two men snap out their gaze and walk closer to us. They're around 6'3 why's everyone in this family so tall.

"Hey Emilia, nice to see you again." Again? Ive never met this bastard in my life. "I'm Apollo you're oldest cousin and this is Christian". He gestures to the other man who's still staring at me in shock.

"Christian" Apollo slaps his brother.

"Oh right sorry, hey, it's just a shock seeing you so grown" he smiles lightly at me.

"Where's your Mother, she deserves a slap" my Aunite says causing everyone to go quiet.

"Erm, we should talk".

For about the third time I ended up explaining what happened a few nights ago. Gosh it hasn't even been a week yet.

Now everyone is just conversing amongst themselves while I'm sat here trying to stay awake. Who knew taking could be so exhausting.

I lean my head against Dante's shoulder. My eyes slowly shut and the last thing I remembered is Dante putting his arm around me before I completely knocked out.