24

ZANE

It's been nearly a week now since I last saw Emilia and I'll be honest I miss her.

When we hugged that night, I felt something. Something I've never felt before.

Dad got a recording from Ivan. Apparently we're under threat but it's Ivan all he does is talk. Apart from at the ball that actually was something.

It's midnight and I'm currently outside a cafe watching my next target.

Dad keeps sending me out on these little missions for God knows what. I actually think he's just bored.

My phone dings and I take it out reading the information about my target.

Name: kaylem Joshua
Age: 25
Owes the Spanish mafia 100,00 euros.
One of the 10 men involved in the murder of Ria Rodrigo.

Ria Rodrigo. My Abuela. She was murdered 5 years ago. My Abuelo disappeared 2 months after her murder.

So this is the reason Dad is making me go out on these missions. A revenge mission.

Sometimes I think he's a bit delusional. We've already got enough to deal with, with the Russians. We don't need more enemies.

"Ready" Adriana speaks into my earpiece. I reply back. "Going in".

I watch as Adriana shoots a bullet through Kaylem's car window causing the alarm to go off. She's honestly the best sniper I've ever met.

My target runs out the shop to check his car. He immediately takes out his phone and starts blabbering on.

I take out my dart gun and fire a single shot that hits him right in the neck. He looks around before dropping to the ground. Time to take him back to the base.

I make sure no one's watching before picking him up and shoving him in the car Noah brings round. Yes Noah. Don't ask why but he's already perfectly skilled at 12.

As we're driving Noah decides to speak up. "So Emilia huh" he winks while driving.

Why am I trusting this 12 year old maniac to drive me and my sister safely.

I sigh and ignore him.

"I saw the way you were looking at her at the ball" he wiggles his eyebrows in the rear View mirror.

"Same, you deffo like her" Adriana decides to speak up. Yeah I do and what.

"You can't talk Ana I saw you and Luca today kissing in the kitchen".

"Now this is something I didn't know about" I nudge Adriana. I know it's dark but she's definitely blushing.

"Yeah we went round the Di Costa's house today" he carries on.

"What" okay now I'm pissed. "And you didn't invite me, unbelievable". I roll my eyes. I could've seen Emilia.

"Woah brother, I know you wanted to see Emilia no need to get angry, she was looking fine today" Noah laughs.

It wouldn't be bad if I Strangled him and made it out to be a car crash would it.

We arrive at base in no time. My dad is already waiting outside for us.

I drag kaylem out the car and onto the gravel. He stirs a bit as the sedative is about to wear off.

My dad grabs him by the neck lifting him off the ground.

"Who told you to kill Ria Rodrigo" he spits angrily.

"I.. I can't remember" kaylem says gasping for air. Clearly this is why I like strangling people.

"You can't remember" he drops him to the ground. "Interesting, son" he throws me a gun.

"Finish the job" I point my gun and kaylems pleading face. This is the part of the job I hate. Don't get me wrong I love killing people but there cries for mercy always seem to open a bit of guilt in my heart.

"I have a wife and kids plea-" he didn't get to finish as I shoot a hole right in his head.

I sigh and Chuck my dad his gun back.

"Well done" my dad tires to pat me on the back but I move away.

"Well done really is that all you can say, you're making me your personal puppet and all you can say is well done. These missions are dangerous dad but you don't care. You only care about getting your revenge on Abuela killers. I'm done dad I'm not doing it anymore. Stop putting your 3 kids in danger including your 12 year old son for your personal disagreements. Abuela is dead. Killing these people won't bring her back. If you want something done about it, do it yourself". I bitterly spit before getting in the car and slamming the door shut.

Adriana and Noah get in the back saying nothing.

This mission was easy but last time I got stabbed. I've been stabbed before it's not a big deal but what if Adriana or Noah did. I'd never forgive myself. I love dad I really do but he tends to get a bit selfish sometimes.

Of course we all miss Abuela doesn't mean we commit a massacre.

I drive us back home and climb straight into bed. I still can't stop thinking about Emilia, hopefully she comes to school tomorrow.