40

ZANE

I ignore the twins running around the room like two idiots. I can't believe it, Adriana's pregnant with Lucas baby. I didn't even know about their relationship until recently.

I look down at Emilia beside me who's smiling while admiring her brothers. Every time this girl smiles showing her deep dimples I swear my stomach does a 360 spin.

Antonio and Marco come back into the room with Luca following slowly behind them. Luca spots me and starts walking in my direction.

"Zane, you're not going to punch me right" Luca says while scratching the back of his head looking between Emilia and I.

"I'd love to see that" Emilia laughs from beside me earning a glare from her brother.

"No don't worry man, but you know if you break my sisters heart I'd have to kill you right" I put my hand on Lucas shoulder and smile.

"Yeah of course, Same with you and Emilia, at one point I was thinking about killing you anyways" Luca smiles back and gifts me with that information out of the blue.

I remove my hand immediately, something tells me he's a bit crazy. I should be used to crazy now though thanks to Rodrigo.

I wrap my arm around Emilia's shoulders and pull her in closer to me. I can feel her visibly relax under my touch. Leaning down, I ask her something "amor,can you come with me to see Adriana". She immediately looks up meeting my eyes and smiles "of course I will".

She takes my arm from around her shoulder and grabs my hand pulling me over to Adriana. I'll never get over that sensation every time we touch hands.

"ANA, Zane wants to talk to you" Emilia basically shouts causing everyone's head to turn.

Her dad looks over, his eyes scamming between my hand and hers. I give him a smile and he just glared at me. Okay.

Adriana walks over, her face radiating joy. I haven't seen her this happy ever. I let go of Emilias hand and hug my sister.

"You're going to be an uncle Zane" Adriana jumps up and down excitedly "you and Noah" my face drops at the mention of Noah. Even though Adriana claims he's unharmed, I still don't want him staying with the psycho man who kidnapped him and abused the rest of his own family.

"Sé que te extrañas (I know you miss him)" Adriana cups my cheeks. "Estare bien (it will be okay), We'll get him back Zane". I simply nod at my sister.

Someone's phone rings blasting the song shake it off by Taylor swift. Apollo's face goes red as he takes out his phone and answers it.

Everyone's eyes are on Apollo as he nods listening to whoever's on the other end of the call. His eyes go wide a: he locks eyes with me,nodding and muttering "si" before ending the phone call.

"We have to go, now" his voice vibrates through the silence of the room. "Rodrigo and Ivan are planning to attack the house, it's only aunt Lucy at home".

I hear numerous gasps and curses. Everyone starts moving around gathering weapons and gear.

"I'm coming with you" I speak and nod towards Antonio who nods back. I already have a gun on me so I start making my way towards the door when someone pulls me back.

Emilia is stood there with her arms crossed looking pissed off. "So you think you can leave without saying goodbye" she says pouting in an annoyed tone.

I grab her face softly and peck her on the lips before kissing her forehead. "I'll be fine amor, you know me" i lightly smile before turning away and heading out the door where everyone else is waiting.

I climb into Alessio, Christian and Elios car. Probably the quietest bunch of the family.

I hear Christian load his gun up next to me and click the safety off. Next thing I know I have 3 guns being pointed at me.

"Before you shoot me, I won't hurt Emilia in any way" I raise my hands in surrender, my eyes travelling between the 3 cousins of my girl. Well soon to be my girl, she's mine of course I just have to ask her so it's official.

"You better fucking not" Christian whispers firmly from beside me. If I'm scared of anyone in this family, it's definitely Christian.

The car comes to a halt as we pull up at the Di Costas mansion. I hear multiple Guns clicking and knives being slotted into place.

"You ready to fight again Zane" Elio asks me while shoving a bomb in his pocket. Something tells me that isn't a good idea.

I open the car door before replying "when am I not".

A/n: I'm sticking with Zanes POV for the next chapter so we can see what happens in this next attack. Exciting stuff:)