20

EMILIA

We all walk up some stone stairs and through two large glass doors. Our families name is announced making everyone stop what their doing and look at us.

I feel everyone's eyes on me as I walk. I look around to see some women looking at me in awe and some in jealousy. I also see lustful stairs from some men. I'm 17 you creeps half look like they could be someone's grandad.

Luca pulls me in a bit closer. Clearly he senses that as well. We make our way over to a table reserved for us.

I spot Adriana and walk over to her. "You look hot as fuck" she says making me laugh.

"So do you gorgeous" we hug each other.

I look around for Zane and see him talking to some men with his dad. He looks bored out of mind making me laugh. He turns around and his eyes light up when he sees me. He tells his dad something and starts walking over to us.

"I'll leave you two alone" Adriana whispers. Before I could protest she rushes off. Traitor.

I take this moment to admire him for a second. He's wearing a velvet black suit with a bow tie. He still has the rings on his hands. He walks with confidence.

I laugh as he accidentally barges an older lady causing her to nearly fall over.

When he gets closer I can smell his signature cologne which enlightens my insides. I can see his eyes travel up and down my body numerous times.

"You look beautiful amor (love)" he speaks first which shocks me.

"I know" I smile back which causes him to roll his eyes.

"Fancy a drink" he gestures over to the bar. I nod and he places a hand on my back to guide me there.

They didn't say I can't drink, even if they did I wouldn't care.

I order a martini as Zane orders straight Vodka. Is this guy alright.

I look up to see Alonzo and Dante glaring at me. I wave back and they smile and go back to whatever they were doing.

So much for not leaving my side.

"I didn't think you were one to drink alcohol" he asks smirking.

"Then why did you ask me for a drink" I take a sip of my drink then stare at him.

"Fair point" he downs his in one go.

We sit in silence for a little bit.

"I hate these stupid balls" he suddenly breaks the silence.

"Why" I ask my favourite question.

"They're boring, well up until two years ago when your brothers blew up Ivan's car" he smiles at the thought.

"Who's Ivan" I ask. I already know who he is but I don't want this conversation to end.

"Russian mafia don, he's crazy I would avoid him if i was you" he asks for another drink.

I hear my name being called and turn to find my dad calling me.

"Well I've been summoned" I say making him actually laugh. His laugh is deep but genuine.

"Adiós hermosa (goodbye beautiful)" Zane says. I don't know what that means so I just say bye back.

I walk over to my dad but before I can get their I feel someone tug my wrist. I turn around to be met with a middle aged man smiling at me.

"Good evening gorgeous, and who might you be" he grins showing his yellow teeth. You're rich but you can't afford toothpaste. Priorities am i right.

"Emilia Di Costa" I was going to say none of your business but I remembered that if you're in this room you're probably a psycho.

"Ahh another Di Costa, I haven't seen you around before" before I can answer my dad interrupts.

"Charlie, how nice to see you again" he doesn't sound very impressed. "This is my daughter Emilia".

"I see" Charlie nods.

I can tell two man don't like each other.

"Well we best be off now, look after yourself Charlie" my dad says before literally dragging me off in another direction.

"I can't stand that man, where were your brothers or cousins Emilia" Antonio complains. Exactly where are they.

"I don't know" i reply. He sighs.

We end up in front of a man woman and 2 boys.

"Emilia, this is Gabriel Williams don of the American mafia" he puts out his hand and I shake it.

"Ah the Italian princess I've heard a lot about you, this is my wife and kids Jackson and Axel".

I look over to see two boys looking bored. One looks around 20 and the over like 27.

"Pleasure to meet you" I shake their hands and his wife's hand.

"Us along with the Spanish are very close allies" Gabriel says.

I know mate.

I simply nod and ask my dad to be excused. That was awkward as fuck.

I make my way back over to the bar to find that Zane isn't their. Now I'm alone and vulnerable. I Look for the first family member I see. I spot the twins sat back at the table stuffing their faces with food. Might as well join.

Suddenly as I'm making my way over to them the lights turn off. I hear footsteps followed by screams and shouts.

I hear a man shout something in another language before multiple explosions go off.

Im knocked back by the explosion hitting my head. I try to keep my eyes open but I can't. I drift off into unconsciousness.