||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶~||

Violet eyes blink at the familiar dark expanse that surrounds her questions assaulting her mind as she tries to remember what had happened that could have led her here

Her eyes focus on the large orb of light that had greeted her at the beginning of her journey and still hovers there shining brightly. Sakiya wanders towards the orb of light wondering why she was here alone when the first time she had been here she met Yoriichi.

As she draws near the silver orb her eyes widen as she sees it's actually a barrier of light that takes on the appearance of water. The picture of the house in the woods where she met her family during her end-of-life dream sits on the other side.

She hesitantly reaches out and her fingertips brush against the surface making the picture ripple.

Sakiya pulls her hand back unsure of what she is seeing before she reaches back out stopping short of touching it again.

"This doesn't feel right" she whispers under her breath, her mind battling with herself. One part of her wants to pass through the barrier to see what's on the other side and the other warns against it. Nothing about the barrier gives off dangerous vibes but Sakiya can't help but feel that there would be no going back if she were to go ahead.

"You can go now" a somber voice says and Sakiya spins around to see Yoriichi standing there, his face unusually blank. "You can move on Sakiya"

"Yoriichi..." Sakiya murmurs trying to understand what the man is trying to tell her. She turns back to the barrier and studies it. "I'm in the inbetween" she says her tone soft as she finally begins to understand what is happening.

"You are. You are hovering between life and death at the moment. You are no longer near the line but in it" Yoriichi tells her, his eyes not straying away from her form.

"How ironic" her laugh is soft though it holds no humor "This is where it all began. How poetic for it to end here too"

"The ending is up to you, Sakiya. You can go if you wish. You do not have to continue. You've done more than enough"

Sakiya turns back to him her body silhouette due to the brightness of the barrier behind her "But I haven't finished yet. I've only saved one and I don't even know if I succeeded in that"