||~𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬~||

Kotetsu watches the dying flames weakly flicker from within the firepit in his home

Kotetsu watches the dying flames weakly flicker from within the firepit in his home. The words that had been spoken by the violet haired woman replaying in his mind over and over again. It was insane. The implications of her words left him stunned. She ended up telling him everything. From her past life to her death and then rebirth as what she was now. How she was taught by the very slayer who created the breathing styles and wielded that legendary sword that sits on the top of his thighs. It should have been impossible. What she claimed to be should not exist and yet there were demons that roamed the night killing innocents and creating terror. If those creatures existed then perhaps Sakiya Aikawa could as well.

He lifts his gaze from the fire to the woman in question who had been patiently waiting for him to come to terms with everything. His eyes flicker from her to the demon child who leans up against her side. He believed her. There was something about her; the look in her eyes was enough to urge him to take her words as the truth. There was something otherworldly about her presence. An almost unidentifiable calm came off of her in waves that seemed to wrap you up. Like being embraced by pure peace.

Perhaps this was what death felt like. If that was the case he wasn't afraid of it anymore. It seemed nice and he could only hope that the woman who embodied it was an accurate representation of it for the idea that his family felt this comfort in their last moments brought a comfort of his own.

"Why did you tell me all of this?" he finally asks, having found his voice.

"Because there are those who live in this world that I wish to entrust with my existence. In a way it is my hope that those who I tell will keep my story alive so that anyone who is stuck in the dark and needs a guiding light can think of me and find peace" Sakiya explains.

There may come a time that demons were no longer a threat that haunted the dark nights but there was always going to be evil that walked this earth. Sakiya had come to learn that before all of this and she had always wished there was something she could cling to in her times of despair.

This was why she was trying to plant the seeds of her existence. Perhaps she wouldn't be remembered as Sakiya Aikawa exactly but she hoped that those who needed a symbol of hope could remember that there was a guardian angel that watches over everyone. A guiding light that beaconed one home at the end of their life and stood watch for those that continued living. As time passed she may not be able to change the fate of those that live but she could continue to provide comfort to those that died and that was enough for her.