||~𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~||

The sounds of wood splintering invades Sakiya's ears as she walks through the dense forests surrounding the demon slayer headquarters

The sounds of wood splintering invades Sakiya's ears as she walks through the dense forests surrounding the demon slayer headquarters. Grunting accompanies the sound as she draws closer to its source and she sees Akaza punching the tree rage filling his expression.

"You know none of what happened was your fault Akaza" Sakiya murmurs her soft voice causing the pink haired demon to shudder and momentarily pause in his assault on the defenseless tree.

"I should have resisted more. It's because of my lingering connection with Muzan that I was too weak to resist. It was because of that weakness that you ended up being seen by him in the alternate dimension" Akaza growls and slams his fist back into the splintered trunk of the tree. Blood drips down his raw hands that start to heal flesh knitting together repairing the damage he had done to them in his rage.

"It takes time to strip yourself of his control. Do not rush yourself, it will happen in time" Sakiya says and Akaza looks up at her from beneath the shadows.

"I remembered something" Akaza says, swallowing thickly as he clenches his fists.

Sakiya tilts her head an understanding look entering her eyes "I see. Is that why you are out here pummeling that poor tree?"

"Partially"

"Do you feel comfortable sharing what you remembered with me?" Sakiya asks, waiting patiently for the pink haired demon to gather and straighten out his thoughts.

"It's not so much a solid memory but a feeling I remember"

"Take your time Akaza. There is no rush here"

Akaza takes in a shuddery breath at her words. She was so calm. So understanding to his inner turmoil even when she didn't understand what it was about. Her gentle nature reminded him of someone. Another woman from his past whose face was long forgotten by his mind. Even though his mind did not remember his heart did and he couldn't help but wince as it sent pain through him at the knowledge he had forgotten.

"The fireworks in the red light district. I remembered something about those. I think I was supposed to go see some when I was human. I think I was supposed to take someone with me to see them"