||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢~||

"Sakiya-san, would you spare me a moment of your time?" a soft gentle voice sounds behind the violet haired girl as she sits on the engawa

"Sakiya-san, would you spare me a moment of your time?" a soft gentle voice sounds behind the violet haired girl as she sits on the engawa. Bright eyes turn to the insect pillar as Sakiya looks over her shoulder "Are you here to tell me to get back to the infirmary?" she asks and as Shinobu shakes her head Sakiya gestures to the empty spot next to her.

Silence envelops the two woman as they stare out over the garden and Shinobu looks over at the other woman "I wanted to apologize for my words and actions the day we had tea"

Sakiya looks over at the woman, her eyes soft as she stares at the usually smiling hashira who has a solemn almost guilty look on her face. "I was upset. The things you were saying held too much truth to them and I couldn't handle that. I was unfair to you in my suspicion and your words made my feelings all the more intense. I couldn't handle the thought that I was disgracing my sister's memory and I took it out on you." Shinobu looks over at the violet haired girl "Can you forgive me for my words and actions.?"

Sakiya reaches over and grabs the small woman's hand making her lavender eyes widen at the action "Grief is such a complicated emotion, Kocho-san. It twists and turns in our hearts wreaking havoc on our soul. Where at times it can be a soft bubbling creek flowing through the forest it can just as quickly change to a raging ocean during a storm. The only consistent thing about it is that it never truly leaves you. It's a permanent scar upon one's being. It may heal but it will occasionally hurt and can even break open again"

As Sakiya talks, Shinobu can't help but blink back tears, her throat closing as the emotions become heavy "How do you deal with this feeling, Sakiya? You lost everything, how did you come out on top?"

"I didn't. To tell you the truth I never truly got over my grief. It ate away at me and left me a shell of a person. My life's purpose was ripped away when my siblings were killed by our mother. The only reason I even survived as long as I did was the dojo master that found me beside my dead brother. The reality was I only went on because I didn't know what else to do. So when my mother found me again years later I allowed her to be my end"

Shinobu's eyes stare at the woman in horror as she finally understands the implication of her words. "Your mother killed your siblings?"

"She did"