||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢~||

The sound of dripping water floods Kagaya's ears as a gentle hand caresses his head with a cool damp cloth

The sound of dripping water floods Kagaya's ears as a gentle hand caresses his head with a cool damp cloth. "How long have you been alive, Sakiya?" Kagaya asks and the hand pauses for a moment before it continues.

"Twenty years, Kagaya-sama" Sakiya answers him from where she kneels over him tending to his weakened form.

Kagaya hums and ponders her answer "And where did you learn how to fight demons?"

"I believe I already told you this story, Kagaya-sama" Sakiya says and the man smiles up at her.

"Humor me, please"

Sakiya sighs and dips the cloth back into the bowl of herbs and water. "Very well. A wandering samurai found me after my mother killed me. He had found this beautiful blue flower that he heard had mystical properties. He used it on me and I woke up. He asked that I help protect those who were unsuspecting of the demons that roamed the night and I agreed to it. From there he taught me about breathing styles and the art of sword fighting"

"What was this samurai's name? He must have been a demon slayer if he taught you those things. Maybe I know of him? I have memorized all the names of my children alive and dead" Kagaya says, causing Sakiya to swallow thickly at the man's line of questioning.

"I don't think you would know him, Kagaya-sama" she murmurs and places the cloth back on his head covering his eyes.

"Yes. I understand why you would think so. Not many remember the exiled demon slayer from the golden age despite all that he had done for us" Kagaya hums agreeing with her.

Sakiya's breath catches in her throat, her eyes wide as she stares at the peaceful man who just said he already knew who had trained her.

"Kagaya-sama..." she trails off as the man reaches up and tries to grab for her. Sakiya gingerly takes his hand and he feels his way to where he can cup her face.

"What have you given up to protect us all, sweet girl?"

Tears drip from Sakiya's eyes and land on the man's hand as she silently cries. "Please confide in me. Whatever is said here will be between you and I, Sakiya"