||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢~||

"Good morning Kyo" Sakiya says watching as the flame haired man walks around the recovery room

"Good morning Kyo" Sakiya says watching as the flame haired man walks around the recovery room. It had been a few more weeks since that day when Akaza met him.

Since then Shinobu and Sakiya herself had been helping Kyojuro walk around strengthening his legs. He had fully healed from all the wounds he received during the train wreck and will soon be able to get back to training again once he can walk unaided.

"Sakiya! I am glad you came. I actually wanted to ask a favor of you if you have the time" Kyojuro beams at her as he slowly makes his way to the short female. Sakiya meets him halfway and takes his arm, helping to stabilize him. "I am free. What did you need?"

"I wanted to visit home. I am finally able to walk even though it's only when assisted and I wished to see my father and little brother. I was wondering if you would accompany me?"

Sakiya smiles up at the man as he practically vibrates with glee at the aspect of being able to go see his family. "Of course Kyo. I would love to accompany you there. Shall we then?"

Sakiya leads Kyo out of the Butterfly mansion and the two leisurely walk down the stone paved path, a comfortable silence sitting between the two.

As Kyojuro leads her near his home he stops short at the scene taking place just outside the gates.

"He had no talent to begin with! He's worthless! A person's worth is determined at birth. You are either born a genius or die at the hands of one. It's clear which one he was. He had no future to begin with" An older man with the same hair as Kyojuro shouts at Tanjiro and Senjuro as he sways drunkenly with a bottle of sake in his hand.

Sakiya's eyes widen slightly at his words and she looks up as Kyojuro's hand squeezes slightly tighter around her arm. A suppressed look of hurt flashed over his face as he hears his fathers words.

"He should have died an honorable death at that train wreck and then maybe his life would have amounted to something other than being a failed demon slayer"

Senjuro's eyes start to glimmer with tears and Tanjiro looks down at the small boy in absolute shock before his expression takes on an angry one "Don't speak about Kyojuro-san like that. He is a great demon slayer and fought bravely. If it wasn't for him no one would have made it out alive before help arrived!" Tanjiro says his face hard as he stares at the older man.