Chapter 3

Jilliana

This day had taken forever to end. Having to deal with people complaining all day really sucks all your energy. Thank goodness it's eight at night. Now it's time to get ready for the fun to begin. I smile at myself in the mirror.

"Hey, you about ready to go?" Carlee comes walking into my room wearing her mini skirt and little top that barely covers her chest. She whistles as she looks me up and down. "Woah, look at you. It must have been a grueling day if your dressed like that tonight." Her smile is so wide I can see all her perfectly straight white teeth.

I give her a coy smile as I turn to face the mirror. Putting the last of my make-up on. "Something like that." I pop my lips as I rub them together. "I just need to really let loose tonight." Forty minutes later Carlee pulls her mustang into the parking lot of Girls on Top. The strip club we mostly bartend at. Although sometimes we dance for some extra money. Tonight, I have decided to be on that stage for the fun of it.

"You ready to get these men wanting to eat out of the palm of your hand?" Carlee's question causes me to laugh out loud. "You betchya." I shoot her a wink before opening my car door and stepping out of the car.

As we make it to the door, Mike is standing there talking to an older gentleman we don't recognize. Girls On Top is an exquisite and elite club. All the members that come here every night are rich men. I don't mind dancing here sometimes, waiting tables and bartending here because touching is not allowed.

We watch the man go into the club. I open my mouth to ask but Carlee beats me to it. "Who the hell was that Mike?" Looking over I see her brows are furrowed above her eyes.

"The realtor of the new owner." He nods his head telling us to get our asses in there. "New owner?" She entangles her arm through mine as we make our way behind the bar.

We see Rosie, one of the other servers that's been here for the past three years. As we are putting our jackets underneath in the cubby, she walks up to us with a giggle. "Did you hear? Someone bought this place last night. Came to Mr. Donaldson with two million dollars in cash and the paperwork. Bought it outright." She looks around the room as though she's looking for someone.

"Do you know who it is?" I gain her attention once more. "No, I just know they are rich and powerful men. They don't usually try to own anything that's outside of Chicago, but I guess this was the exception." She shrugs her shoulders, pops her gum, and walks away to go take drink orders.

As we watch her leave Carlee turns to me. The look on her face says it all. "What if it's them?" She whispers in my ear. Pulling away she has her bottom lip between her teeth. I shrug my shoulders at her and get glasses ready for when people come up for their orders.

We've been working for the last hour; two women have come up on stage and danced. We see the same suits in the front row that we normally do. There are a few unfamiliar faces here tonight, and the men are still not allowed to touch. Not unless they pay for a private room in the back.

"Jilliana!" The caller of my name comes walking from the dance floor at the side of the room. Even though I'm sure Billy, the manager, yelled my name it sounded like a whisper to me. That's how loud it is here, and I love it. There's no room to think. With all the loud music, the drinks, the club goers, the rich men on one side watching the dancers, and the other side filled with gyrating bodies. I have no care in the world when I'm here and I love it!

Once Billy makes his way to the bar he is out of breath. "Busy night?" Carlee asks him with a laugh. "Something like that." The sound of his forlorn tone has the hairs on my arm standing up. Normally he's laughing and having a fun time right along with us. Not tonight. No, his face looks ashen, his eyes are sad.

"One of the new bosses wants to see you in private room five." He looks straight into my eyes. He has a sympathetic look on his face. "Did I do something wrong?" I swallow down my worry. "No." He says as he walks away.

"That wasn't ominous at all." Carlee pops her gum from beside me. I turn to look at her. "Want me to come with?" All I can muster is a slow shake of my head. She touches my shoulder as I walk by her.

Normally, getting to the back would take a while. I must walk through all the bodies dancing on the floor, politely turning down gentlemen that want me to join in. What are only minutes later although it feels like hours, I find myself standing out front of private room five. Not sure why but my hands are covered in condensation from sweat build up, my legs feel like jelly, and my heart is racing.

When my hand touches the handle to the door. I slowly turn it, closing my eyes. I take a deep breath before walking in. Once I get in the room the lights are turned on low, but the sound of his voice tells me all I need to know. "Hello love."

I think my heart knew it was going to be him. He just had to be here. Seeing me for the first time in three years at my place of salvation. "Keighan O'Reilly." He smiles that devilish smile of his as he says. " In the flesh."