Chapter 5

Keighan

We got back to the manor in record time. Pulling up to the gate a few of our guards came out to greet me. It's good to see the old boys again. Within minutes we arrived at the front door. Where my older brother and twin cousins were standing with devilish smiles on their faces.

Donny is the first to climb down the stairs to greet me. "Cousin," he wraps his big arms around me and picks me up clean off the ground. The boy has always been big, somehow, he's even bigger than before I left. "We have quite the surprise for you." He puts my feet back on the ground, stepping back I see the mischief held in his eyes. He may have always been built the biggest than all of us, but he's more the goofball and big teddy bear personality wise.

"Oh really?" I look from him to his twin brother Devon and my older brother Cooper. I have no idea what they're up to, but it must be good if my brother even has that special twinkle in his eyes.

"Before you show him what you all got him, I want him to go upstairs to his room and change out of these God-awful clothes." Pops grumbles as he walks past us all and into the manor. Causing me to shake my head at the older man's back. I'll change into nicer clothes, but instead of a suit jacket I will continue wearing my leather one. With that thought in my head a coy smile breaks across my face.

My brother and cousins know what the look means. Devon and Donny both laugh out right as my brother rolls his eyes and picks imaginary lint off his sleeve. Looking at my brother we are like night and day. Our mother is full blooded Italian, and I happened to get her creamy olive skin and her black hair. Everything else is my father through and through.

I have our fathers defined chin, straight nose, the same color dark green eyes, and cheek bones. My brother has light skin tone, reddish blonde hair, and our mother's heart shaped face, delicate cheeks, and deep brown eyes.

The reason both pops and my uncle have trained me from birth to be the leader when they are both gone is I have my father's ruthlessness and cold heart. My brother may be the oldest, but he doesn't have what it takes to lead the family. He's too kindhearted and thoughtful. When it was time to become a man at the age of twelve, he was to do his first kill.

He stood there looking at father with tears in his eyes as his hand shook so hard, he couldn't keep the gun steady. I knew by the calculated look in pops eyes he was going to beat him bloody if he didn't shoot the man lying on the floor screaming in agony. Begging for his life. So, I took it upon myself that night at the early age of ten to take the gun, place it between the man's eyes and pull the trigger.

Turning towards my brother I told him with blood splattered on the both of us to go upstairs and take a shower and wash it off. While I smeared it all on my face and looked at father to challenge him to say something. He didn't say one thing. No, instead he hadn't broken eye contact with me at all. Studying me with pride in his eyes. I held his stare for a good five minutes before he simply turned and walked out of the room. I told one of our many soldiers to clean up the mess before heading to clean myself up and went to bed.

Now, Cooper is the family doctor. When we have an emergency, and someone has been shot or is bleeding for one reason or another we call him. It's never an innovative idea to go to the hospital. Don't want to bring any extra attention to the organization.

I walk up the stairs, nodding towards my brother as he does the same. He never talks much, always being more the quiet type. Must hand it to him though he came through for me months ago. Didn't think he'd have it in him.

Walking into the manor nothing has changed. The way mother decorated it before she passed, with the gold and white colors along the walls and beams. The God awful royal red furniture in the sitting room. Still the nice eight feet lofty ceilings. You could holler in this room and your voice would echo back at you from against the walls. I should know when I was young my brother, cousins and I used to do it often. Driving our mother's crazy.

Shaking my head, I try to stop thinking about the past. I must focus on the now. It takes me all of five minutes to make my way to the east wing of the manor. My domain. I shower and dress in my slacks, button up blue shirt, and my leather jacket. When I feel I look presentable I head down to pop's office.

Everyone is in the room awaiting my arrival. Father is sitting behind his humongous desk. On his throne as we all say, with uncle standing behind him. His right-hand man, Lucas on his other side. My cousins Devon and Donny are sitting on the couch along the right side of the office. How they both fit on there I haven't a clue. My brother, Cooper, stands off to the side. Where he is most comfortable.

My father looks at me with disapproval in his eyes. He scoffs at my leather jacket before he begins to speak. "There is a lawyer here to discuss a venture we know you would like to buy." His words pique my interest. I walk further into the room and reach for the paperwork laying on top of his desk. "A strip club?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

I look up at him and see a seriousness behind his eyes. "Not just any strip club. It's an elite club. There is also a night club atmosphere to it. No one is allowed to touch the dancers unless they pay for a private room in the back and the dancer is okay with it." He says as though we are talking about a subject as mundane as the weather.

"Have you been there before Pops?" I lift a brow at him and watch as the stoic man's lips move just a little into a small smirk. "No, I have other places I go for that kind of thing." He looks down to other papers on his desk. Milling them around while he continues, "I own places already. You know that."

Nodding my head I agree with him. Which is why I am so confused on why he would want this one. Looking up at me he must see the questions in my eyes. He sits back studying me. I can see on his face he wants to tell me something important but doesn't know how I'll react to the information.

"Spit it out pops." I throw the paperwork across his desk. Causing everyone in the room but him to flinch. "Your cousin Carlee has told her brothers all about it." At the mention of her name my blood begins to boil. Before I can say anything, he holds up his hand, "She is a bartender there. Sometimes she dances." He tilts his head to the side, awaiting for my reaction.

"You're all right with that?" I do what no one else in the family dare do and interrupt my father as he's talking. My question isn't for him, no it's for the man standing to his left. My uncle simply shrugs his shoulders at me. "They aren't allowed to get completely nude. You know we would never allow something like that." My father answers for him. His tone warned me to control myself in his presence.

My eyes move to the man sitting behind the desk once more. Giving him my full attention, I ask the question that is plaguing me. "Why would I want to buy this establishment?" It's not like I care what Carlee does in her free time. I watch as he steeples his hands together in front of him and studies me. "Because Jilliana works there along with her." He simply whispers the words.

Causing my heart to beat faster, my blood running through my veins feels as though it's on fire. My woman works at an elite club like that. "How did that happen?" My voice comes out low with a deadly undertone. No one in the room speaks. It's so quiet I'm not even sure they're breathing at this moment.

No one says a word, "Fine, get our realtor here now. We are buying this today!" My hands have formed into fists at my side. I feel like I want to break something. "It's already done. You only have to sign on the dotted line." Walking up to his desk I grab a pen, opening the documents to the last page. I scribble my signature. Throwing the pen back down on top of the desk I crack my neck trying to relieve some of the tension held within my body.

"Come on. I think it's time to show you your surprise." Donny taps me on the shoulder making his way to the door. I follow him and Devon down the hall hoping it better be something that involves me inflicting pain. I need that more than anything right now. All I can think about is my woman on the pole, swinging that delectable ass of hers for all to see.

Any man that goes to that club better hope I don't lose my shit. If I do, there's no telling what I'll do. I may even gouge their eyes out with a knife, making it quite painful. A sly smile forms on my lips as I imagine doing just that. I've done it before it takes quite the skill set to do something like that. A skill I have, naturally.