Chapter 19

Keighan

Once I get to Devon's room, he throws a folder at me. "I was expecting you. These are all the men that had any sort of contact with your tiger." He gives me a knowing smirk. Guess the rumor mill is already taking its toll. Everyone has heard that my once little shy kitten is now a ferocious tiger. Hiding in the trees waiting to strike when the time is right. That thought brings pride to my heart.

Sitting down in the chair across from his desk he has in his room, I cover my face with both hands. Rubbing them up and down my skin, I take a deep breath and let it out. "She asked about how many women I've had this week." I hold my head down, but I know he's exited his chair. I hear his footfalls from each step he takes, walking around the big oak desk.

Once he's in front of me, he props his ass on his desk. Getting a pack of cigs out of his pants pocket he hits the bottom. Picking one that popped out he sticks it in his mouth and lights it. Huffing from the top he slowly blows the smoke from his nose. After one more hit, he finally says, "What did you tell her?"

"The truth. That I was like a caged animal that needed to get that energy out of me." Shrugging my shoulders, I drop my arms to the chair. "I didn't tell her an exact number." Not that I know to begin with. There was only a handful of girls this week. The last of my other girls, now that I have my woman here with me.

"At least you were honest." He flicks his cigarette as he turns his head to study me. I know he wants to ask me something. Just by the look in his eyes. "What?" My voice comes out with an attitude, but I can't help it. I'm tired from the busiest week of my life and dealing with my tiger.

"Just wondering when you're going to man up and put a ring on her finger instead of fucking around." Shrugging his shoulders to show he doesn't care that he pissed me off in the least he stands and walks back around his desk. Sitting in his chair he puts out his cig and steeples his fingers. Leaning back, he raises one brow, clearly challenging me.

If this came from anyone else, they'd have their ass handed to them. Without saying a word, I dig into my suit pocket. When I feel the velvety feel of the ring box, I pull it out. A smile broadens his face when I place it on his desk. "About damn time." Nodding my head, I agree with him.

I know I should have done this a long time ago. I shouldn't have slept with all those women. It should have always been Jilliana. The second she walked into my life. I just didn't want the aggression of my life to hurt her. I can be rough, and I'm afraid she wouldn't like that.

"I think you underestimate her." Devon drags me from my thoughts. "How so?" I nod my chin at him hoping for a conclusive answer. "That girl has fire coursing through her veins. I think once you get inside of her, you'll see just how much she likes the danger that comes with you." He smirks at me. He has a point. How will I know until I give into what we both desire most? What I have craved for seven long years.

Devon's phone goes crazy the next second. Buzzing away on his desktop. He picks it up with a roll of his eyes, "What is it?" He listens to whoever is on the other end. Before looking up at me and smiling. My brows furrow with confusion. "I'll let him know."

Hanging up he laughs for a moment, "Seems your little tiger was making an escape." His words cause my body to ignite, as I stand from the chair. Hands held into fists so tight they are turning white. Before I could say a word, he holds up his hand, "Not to worry Donny was out for a smoke on the east side. After having a little fun with one of the escorts leaving the premises. He has her now."

Hearing that calms my beast. Slightly. "Where is he taking her?" My voice comes out low with built up aggression. "To Carlee's room." With those words I sit back down in the chair and take a few deep breaths. I have to calm down, before my beast fully takes over. If that happens, I'll leave his office, stomp all the way to Carlee's room, and drag her to our room.