Chapter 15

Keighan

I watch her walk around the corner with my stepmother and her grandmother. My eyes don't leave her until she's completely out of my sight. I briefly see my father rolling his eyes as he lifts his arm and picks at his suit. "You will never get over that girl, will you?"

The sound of his voice grates on my nerves. Turning my attention fully on him I take my hands out of my pockets and stand at my full height. Raising an eyebrow at him, I stand there staring him down. He gives off a heavy sigh as he counters my stance. "You know she's not made for this world of ours. Hell, we have enough problems trying to keep Carlee in line." His head tilts to the side as he studies me.

I don't say a damn word because fuck what he thinks. I know what My Sweet is capable of. How fierce she can be. She will be an amazing queen. My queen someday soon when I take over the family.

"Where is Carlee?" I saw Donny drag her into the manor, following behind their father. I don't see them anywhere nearby. "Your uncle is giving her a stern talking to." I know what that means.

Uncle can be a miserably unforgiving man when he wants to be. If you're one his children anyway. There have been many times I have stopped him from putting my cousins through torture just because they made a mistake in training while we were growing up.

"We need to discuss some important things son." My father talks down to me like a petulant child. "It's late, we can have a meeting tomorrow." I look him square in the eye daring him to argue. Pops may be the king, but he's growing weaker as time goes on. Cancer will do that to you.

He simply nods his head and goes to walk to his wing of the manor, but a woman's scream stops him in his tracks. What the fuck is my uncle doing now? I begin to stomp in that direction. Planning to remain calm and diffuse the situation.

hat is until I hear Jillana's voice yelling at someone. My speed picks up, and as I make my way around the corner, I cannot believe what I'm seeing. Carlee is on her knees in the middle of our living room. Her shirt has a slit in it from where my uncle has whipped her with the belt he holds in his hand. My stepmother and Bonnie stand to the side of the room. Their eyes wide in fear as they both cover their mouths with their hands.

Once my eyes find Jillian everyone else standing in the room disappears. She's standing in the middle of the room, pointing her finger in my uncle's face telling him off. "How dare you treat your own daughter in this way. You ought to be ashamed of yourself."

"Don't you tell me how to punish my daughter. She is my property until I marry her off." My uncle's face is beat red with indignation. "I don't care what you think. You do not treat your own flesh and blood this way." To my surprise she takes the belt from my uncle's hand and throws it across the room.

It's at this time Devon and Donny come running around the corner. Their eyes are wide with surprise on how they have found their baby sister. Before they fill with rage. Turning to their father the storm in his direction.

He pays them no mind as his hand raises. Now I realize what he intends to do. I run to stop him before he makes the biggest mistake of his life, but shockingly Jilliana ducks, so his slap misses her completely. Thank goodness for his drunk aim.

She kicks him in the balls and my uncle falls to his knees in agony. Everyone stops and looks at the pitiful drunk on his knees, his hands cupping the center of his legs. He's cussing out my woman, causing the monster to awaken inside of me.

Everyone has always called me the beast in our world. Once I'm over my threshold of being pissed tremendously I black out and go on a killing spree. I would rather not have that happen to my Kin, but he keeps his shit up, drunk or not, and I will.

Once I reach him, I kick him square in the head. "Shut your ass up. Take this as your one and only warning." He looks up at me with tears in his eyes. I don't feel sorry for him in the least. He has always been the odd one in our family. Treating his wife and daughter like shit. I'm tired of it.

As are his sons. They prove that as they walk past him to their sister. With one on each side of her they each grab an arm over their shoulder and slowly stand her up. "Oh Carlee." Jilliana has tears pouring down her face as she holds her hand to my cousin's cheek.

"I'm okay. It's nothing I didn't deserve." She says so quiet I almost missed it. Jilliana opens her mouth to say something, but I beat her to it. "You did not deserve that." All eyes turn to me. Carlee is the most surprised out of everyone.

"I...I didn't?" The sound of her hurt breaks me. "No, and he will not touch you in that way again." I hold her eyes so she can see the honesty of my words. A small smile forms on her lips before she holds her head high.

Without another word being said the twins walk their baby sister out of the room. A loud groan comes from the floor, but no one pays him any attention. My father shakes his head at his younger brother before walking to his wife and taking her hand.

As they pass me my stepmother touches my face with her hand. Before bending down and kissing my cheek. "I'm so proud of you." Her words bring warmth to my cold heart. I watch as they walk out of the room hand in hand. That's what I want someday. Soon.

With that thought I turn to my woman. She is standing in the middle of the room with her arms wrapped around her middle. Without saying anything, I simply hold out my hand to her, my palm up. She looks at it a moment before deciding to take it.

Once I have a firm hold of her, I walk with her out of the room. Leaving my uncle to fend for himself. That will be his punishment for his actions. I bring her closer to my body as I wrap my arm around her. Holding my hand on her ass. I smile as I see her glaring at me out of the corner of my eye.

"We have a lot to discuss. First, you'll be sleeping in my bed, right beside me from now on." Her mouth opens with indignation. She stops walking just before we make it to my personal door. The one that opens to my wing of the house. I have my own house in this part of the manor.

Covering her mouth with my hand I look deep into her blue green eyes. "Before you say anything baby girl knows this is not up for discussion." She looks at me in stunned silence. Before she can say anything, I lift my key from the chain around my neck, open the door and hold my arm out for her to enter first.

She bites her bottom lip as she looks at the open door and back at me. The things she does to me when biting that puffy, red lip of hers. "Baby girl, unless you want me to take you against this door here and now you may want to stop biting that lip of yours."