Chapter 12

Jilliana

I must keep my eyes closed no matter what he tries. I know if I look at him, I will fall apart. I've already cried enough tonight. I hate that in their world women are powerless. Unless you are married to them.

Well, women still have no say in what they do or about business, but you're at least treated like a queen. In their syndicate family anyway. The men dote on their wives because they are the love of their lives. There is no cheating or abuse.

However, before they put a ring on anyone's finger all women are fair game. They are manwhore's selling their wild oats. Not giving a fuck who they hurt in the process. I feel Keighan bury his face into my neck after moving my hair to one side. I think he tells me to open my eyes once more, but I can't be sure with Carlee whimpering in the back and the commotion up front. Within moments I feel him breathe me in.

I know what he's doing, he told me that the only thing to keep him sane and calm in moments where his switch is almost flipped is my scent. I can keep his beast at bay. Business associates of theirs calls him the beast. I've heard stories of his epic rage. How he loses the side of him that makes him human to kill those that threaten him and the family.

I've never seen that part of him, he's sheltered me from it. Been nothing but tame in my presence. Hell, tonight was the first night I can honestly say I've seen a part of the beast. Looked it briefly in the eyes, but I wasn't afraid. One thing I know for sure is Keighan would never hurt me physically. His mama taught him better than that.

"Baby girl, please open those beautiful blue green orbs of yours and look at me." Baby girl. The nickname he calls me when he's trying his best to be gentle. Which for a man such as himself isn't easy to accomplish. I take pity on him and open my eyes.

When I do there's a big part of me that wishes I hadn't. I could get lost in his sea green eyes for eternity. Most people would call him handsome, with cool light green eyes. I've always thought of him as deathly. Strikingly so with those sea green eyes of his. The ones that always watch me like a wolf hunting his prey.

"There you are." He whispers for my ears alone. His fingers feather along my face. When they reach my lips, his eyes follow the path his fingers make. "My undoing." His words cause my heart to break all over again. I can feel the tears building in my eyes, barely seeing him through the watery weakness. "Baby girl, please stop crying." His long thumbs wipe the tears from my cheek, as they fall one by one.

"I...I don't know how to stop." I'm honest with him. Always have been. That's the truth, with him being here, taking me back to Chicago I cannot stop the sadness that creates. His hands bury into my hair as he pulls lightly on the strands. His eyes move to the red strands as they continuously fall from his fingers. "I love what you've done with your hair."

I smile at him, the last time he saw it was to my ass. When he was put away, I needed a change, so I went to the salon and had it chopped to just below my shoulders the next day. I needed that change for my sanity.

"Thank you." Looking down at my hands along his chest, I find I need the distraction. I feel his thumb and finger go below my chin and drag my face back up to his. "What's with this shy timid act My Sweet? Only moments ago you were standing up to me and telling me off." A devilish smile breaks along his lips as his hand goes to the back of my head.

Pulling me further into him I can feel his breath on my skin. "What's with being the little mouse now huh?" His tongue comes out and he licks my lips. It takes all the strength I have within me not to follow that tongue and attack him with my own.

He's right, I know I'm being timid because I'm being dragged back to a life I do not wish to have. I am no longer okay with him fucking other women, even if he's thinking of me, but he refuses to touch me in that way because he doesn't want to taint me.

"You're right." My hands worm their way up his chest and touch both sides of his face. "You want to drag me back to your world against my will, I promise you I will make this feel like hell." Bringing my lips right up to his, without breaking eye contact, I allow him to see the honesty in my eyes. "I will make sure you cannot fuck your little whores while I'm around, and you sure don't have my permission to ever touch me again."

I dare him with my eyes to tell me otherwise. To speak out and tell me I'm wrong. That I belong to him, and he will do whatever he wishes to me. My eyes move to his lips before I kiss him hard, and when he opens our tongues battle it out. He groans into my mouth, as he molds my hips to his. Rubbing my center exactly right.

My hands make their way to the top of his shirt. Without breaking our kiss, I unbutton a few of the top buttons. Giving me an unobstructed view of his chest. I break away from him, as he tries to pull me back. Shaking my head, I place one finger on his mouth "Tsk, tsk. Isn't that what you tell me when you feel I'm doing something you don't want me to do?" He bites his bottom lip and leans back against the seat. Looking relaxed and enjoying the view.

I kiss my way down his neck, biting his collar bone. Causing him to moan out loud and lift his hips. I can feel how much he wants. Making a devilish smile come to my lips. Taking one hand I decide to do this before I lose my nerve. Bringing my long nails down, I scratch him just enough to draw a little blood.

His eyes grow wide,as his irises disappear in crazy need. Bringing my face close to his once moreI ask, "what's that your family says when they make a blood oath? Withthis blood I swear to you I won't allow you to play with me anymore as you haveother women on the side." His eyes grow deadly as his hands grip my hips,but I don't shy away. No, I look the devil in the eye with a smile and a wink.