Chapter 20

Jilliana

It takes me a moment to wake up, but once I do I feel like it's an inferno in Carlee's room. Opening my eyes, I see I couldn't be more wrong. The walls aren't painted a violet color but a blue. Trying to move is a challenging task and looking down I can see why. There is a man's arm wrapped around my center.

Placing my face further into the pillow I take in the scent that bombards the room. I would recognize his scent anywhere. A mix of a woodsy scent, bourbon, and his cologne. I had fallen asleep in Carlee's room and Keighan had lifted me into his arms and back to his room without waking me.

Turning my body over I can see him lying close to me. His features stand out no matter where you are but in the bright light of the sun can really see them. There is a scar above his left eye. Right in his brow, which causes him to look more handsome and dangerous. If that's even possible.

He has a few days old stub on his face, which makes him look ruggedly handsome. Bringing my hand to his face I touch his cheek, moving it along down to his chin. I'm clearly not paying attention because out of nowhere I get the sudden urge that I'm being watched.

Looking up I see the blue green eyes of the devil. Watching my movements as I explore him and become familiar with his attributes once more. With every touch of my hand, he closes his eyes and moans.

Causing me to feel wetness between my legs for the first time in a man's presence in the last three years. "Good morning." His eyes pop open and he stares at me, a storm brewing wihtin. His eyes have become fully dilated. "I can help you with that problem." He nudges his head at me without breaking eye contact. He doesn't have to specify; I know the exact problem he is referring to. Swallowing my craving down my throat I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I must keep my strength up, not give in to my desires no matter how much I feel I need him.

His thumb touches my lips causing me to take in a deep breath. " When you bite that bottom lip of yours it does something to me." He whispers so close to me I can feel his breath on my skin. "No." My hand shoots out between our bodies keeping a little bit of distance between us. Opening my eyes, I decide we need to have this conversation. It's important that he knows where I stand.

He must see the determination in my eyes because he backs away from me with a saddened sigh. Lifting himself up so his back is against the headboard. He folds his arms behind his head. "You have the floor. I'm listening."

Throwing the blankets from my body, I jump out of the bed and begin pacing the floor. "How long do I have you as an audience for?" I don't mean to sound petty, but I know his family usually has meetings to talk business. Normally, the women in the family are just supposed to entertain themselves until the men come back late at night.

"There isn't a family meeting until later this evening. Until then I'm all yours." He gives me one of his genuine smiles that lights up his face. He's always been a beautiful man, but when he smiles you could swear, he was an angel instead of the devil himself.

I don't wait another second. I jump right in with what I have to say. "First of all, Carlee and I love to work. We both have two jobs that are an hour and a half away in Red Rock. Outside of the city where no one knows who we are. It's where we felt the most like ourselves." He simply looks at me but says nothing in return. "Secondly, I know you now own the exquisite gentlemen's club we were working at. We would like to continue bartending and waitressing there."

"No." That's it just one word. That's all I get from the asshole! "You won't even think about it? I mean come on. It's not like we take our clothes off. I haven't ever done that. Last night was the first night I have ever been to a private room." I cover my mouth with my palm. Realizing what I just did. I gave him the answer to his question last night and the bastard knows it. If the sly smile forming on his lips has anything to say about it.

"Why would you want to continue working there? You don't need money. I will be taking care of you from now on." He lets my little slip up go unnoticed for now as he moves his body, so his legs are over the side of the bed. He cannot get off that bed and walk toward me. I'm afraid I'll give in.

"It's not about the money. It's about having a little bit of freedom. Feeling like we can do something other than be a trophy for the family and you men." I spit the words at him like poison from a snake's teeth. Hopefully, it'll get my point across.

"I'll consider it." Well, that's better than a flat-out no. I stop my pacing and turn my body fully to Him. I must be looking at him so he can see just how serious I am about this subject. He must notice this from my stance as he stands from the bed and walks closer to me.

Every step he takes I take one back. Trying, but failing to keep a safe distance between us. When my back hits the wall he cages me in with a look of pride in his eyes. "Say it. Whatever is going on in that beautiful head of yours." He doesn't crowd me, leaving little space between us. For that I'm grateful.

Licking my dry lips, I get ready to reveal my biggest demand of all. Once I feel confident, I can deliver with authority I straighten my shoulders, look him dead in the eye and say what I should have seven years ago. "If you wish to be with me, truly have me in your bed and by your side. You are no longer permitted to touch any other woman in a sexual way."

Bringing my face within a centimeter from his I turn my tone seductive, "and I do mean in any way. You so much as touch another female with a finger you will not have me in any way. I am not a doormat. I am not some dumb side piece you get to have as entertainment. I am the woman you claim to love. So, show me some damn respect and be a real man."

I go one step further with my tirade. "I am standing before you here and now telling you that I love you. Always have and always will, but I am not just some girl in your life you can play with. If you care about me at all you'll stop being a man whore and treat me with the respect, I deserve." I stand before him, staring him down, my chest moving fast against his with the excursion of my actions.

Once I'm done, I hold my breath. Waiting for his response. There is not a single soul that has ever talked to him in the manner I just did. But that's what makes me the perfect opponent for him. His perfect match if only this dickwad could see it.