Twenty-Nine

Kianna Price
Wednesday, November 20th
11:25am

"I'm so sick of coming to this damn school EVERYDAY!" Mariyah said to me as we walked through the front office to leave for lunch.

"Girl I'm saying."

We were about to go on thanksgiving break and I'm so happy to say that this is the last year that we'll have to be going through this.

I've really been pushing myself to make it through these last two days but this was really hell but so far my focus has just been on my mental health and school and I've been doing pretty good with balancing both of them.

"I lowkey have a taste for a chicken philly " I told Mariyah.

She turned and looked at me with disgust

"What?"

"No ma'am, a Philly cheese steak is where it's at"

"Most definitely not." I said as we walked through the parking lot.

"Yeah.. you're just different for real"

I laughed. "Let's go to Jersey Mikes because we already know who be over at American Deli"

We both laughed as we made our way into the car.

"SIDE EYE" Mariyah said extra loud making the other people in the parking lot look over at us.

"Riyah shut your loud ass up" I said as I laughed.

She turned around and just started mean mugging them. "Mind y'all business.. ain't nothing to be looking at." She said with an attitude as she started up the car.

"PLEASE" I said still laughing as she reversed out the space, exiting the parking lot.

I'm so ready for my food

"Ki." Mariyah called out as she turned down the music.

"What?"

"Was I tripping or did Ary seem off the other day?"

"Okay because I thought I was the only one who peeped that." I said as we came to a stop light.

"Girl no. I just didn't want to bring it up then and there, you know."

"Yea.. and see I had texted her to see if she wanted to get anything off her chest but she said she was good."

"Well she lied because she's clearly not." She said as the light turned green.

"Well what the hell we supposed to do, we can't force her to talk about her problems to us"

"Figure something out."

I turned and faced Mariyah, "Girl."

"Sir."  She responded.

"Bitch don't play with me" She said while laughing like something was funny.

"Stop all that laughing and focus on driving." I said to her because now I was just annoyed.

"Sit back child." She said still laughing as we pulled up to Jersey Mike's, trying to find a parking spot.

Once she pulled up into the parking spot we both hopped out and headed inside.

"They need to have a drive thru, we been walking all day."

"Hush and stop complaining old lady."

Out of the corner I seen Mariyah was side eyeing me which cause me to bust out laughing.