Thirty

Kianna Price
Tuesday, November 25th
8:25am

It was thanksgiving break and I was getting my last minute essentials together for our girls trip.

I feel like this trip is very much needed to get our minds off of things just to be drama free even if it is for just a little bit of time.

Firstly I was getting everything I need for the road such as my AirPods, charger, blanket, snacks, all that other stuff.

"Let me go see what slippers I'm wearing for today." I said as I walked over to my bag.

"I may wear these." I said to myself holding up my brown UGG Tasman slippers.

I'm very excited and I just wanted everything to go perfectly and fall into place.

"Ok now I just need my air—" I spoke, as I got cut off by my phone ringing

I looked at my phone seeing Zay was FaceTiming me.

I answered the call. "What do you want Zamarion?" I spoke as I set my phone up on my pillow as I went back to looking for my AirPods.

"Nigga don't play with me"

I popped my head in the camera "Very sassy this early morning I see." I said as I laughed.

"Why I just spoke with D and bruh gon say y'all going to some log cabin"

"Yea me and the GIRLS" I said emphasizing my mention of girls.

"So ah nigga couldn't get no invite, I thought I was gang..?"

I just shook my head. "Boy so you didn't just hear me say GIRLS?" I asked. "And plus we'll be back on thanksgiving day."

"Man fuck you, imma go play in traffic." He said then hanging up.

"I know this nigga did not— okay.."

Today is going to be a good day and nothing is going to change my mind.

I grabbed my mini book bag and transferred everything from my purse into it and headed downstairs to the rest of my bags.

"You ready?" Mariyah asked as I reached the end of the stairs

"Yeppp" I said smiling.

A knocked reached the door as Aryanna walk through it with a bag of Chick-fil-A and drinks.

She set the food down on the counter and just turned and shook her head at us. "I don't see how y'all so jittery so early in the morning."

"Becauseee" me and Mariyah said in sync making us laugh.

"We so funny for real"

"Shut up" Dion said coming from upstairs and you can just tell he just woke up.

"Here this angry black man go."

"Yoo, racist?" He asked while grabbing a bottle of water.

"No never that." I responded with a smile.

"Wipe that smile off your face."

"I hope you choke on you water."

"Nigga— AHT AHT ITS TOO EARLY WITH YALL"

"EXACTLY!" My mom said as she walked into the kitchen following behind my dad