[Rewrite In Progress] Chapter 11 - Reunion

(Alice Leywin POV)

Well, this is an interesting development to say the least. Tabitha and I were just conversing with some of the other guests when the music started playing and people started dancing. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem. However, the were 2 individuals dancing that caught mine, Tabitha's, along with other people's attention. It was my son, Arthur, and Tabitha's daughter, Amber. They were dancing with such elegance and grace that you would think they were professionals and had been doing these kinds of things for years. They were in perfect sync with each other, as if they knew each other's next move.

When they finished their little performance everyone, including us, gave them a standing ovation. They gave a little bow before running off to play with some other children. Me and Tabitha smirked at each other. Both of us exactly where this was going.

"Well Alice, looks like we'll be family in the future." She spoke.

"Looks like we will," I said, chuckling at our mischief. "Though, I'm a little surprised that you taught Amber how to dance. I know Arthur has been keeping many secrets from us, so we don't really know what he can or cannot do. So, him knowing how to dance isn't really that surprising. But Amber?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

She just shook her head in defeat. "The same with us. We never did anything to teach Amber how to dance, though we do know that, just like Arthur, she has been keeping secrets from us as well." She sighed.

"How so? She normally never leaves the house unless it's with us. So, what kind of secrets would she even have?" I asked, curious of what the answer might be. Amber was definitely an interesting girl. She was similar to Arthur in many ways. Maybe that was the reason why they are close to each other.

They were both extremely talented in magic; awakening at monstrously early ages, and being the first tri-elemental and quadra-elemental mages in the history of Dicathen.

They were both also extremely knowledgeable about most things. I didn't know if it was because they were really observant about their surroundings or if it was something else entirely.

In addition, they were both extremely mature for their age, more mature than even some adults, like my goofy husband. And whenever the situation called for it, the aura around them would completely change. Instead of the kind and gentle aura they would usually give off, it would change to something more prestigious and authoritative. It was nothing like the aura those snobby and greedy nobles would give off. No, it was something even grandeur than that. Something I could only compare to royalty! But how in the world would they even possess such an aura.

Maybe that's why they were so close to each other; because they were similar in many ways and would know the other feels. I mean, they were always together when I saw them.

I sighed and cleared my thoughts, we had more pressing matters to deal with. "So, when are we going to approach her, give her a little push in the right direction?" I asked.

Tabitha thought about it for a few seconds before saying, "Let's give them a month or 2. Then when they forget about this; that's when we'll strike." We gave each other a victorious smirk before returning to the party.

(Amber Helstea POV)

(2 Months Later)

I was currently walking with mother and Aunt Alice. We were currently shopping to get some groceries. Of course, the house cleaners and servants could do it, but mother insisted that it would be nice to go out and get some fresh air. However, I knew that was just a lie and that they were really planning on talking to me about what happened at the birthday party 2 months ago. They would always give me big, knowing smiles whenever they saw me with Arthur, so I assumed that it was because of the dance.