Officially 18

Today was my birthday, the day I officially turned 18.

Adam had stayed with me at my house for these past few days.

I suddenly felt the bed dip and I felt a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Happy birthday my love" Adam smiled at me as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Thank you baby" I smiled at him.

He patted my arm gently. "I made you breakfast" he said.

I grabbed the blanket, getting ready to get out of bed.

"Alright I'll be down in a bit" I told him, but he stopped me.

"No no, breakfast in hed sweetheart." He said and moved off the bed to show me the small cart of breakfast foods, parked right behind him.

He made me a strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry smoothie. My favorite. The cart also had a bowl of oatmeal, some bacon, and a side of fruit.

I smiled at him, as he sat on the bed beside me, after pulling the food to us.

I tangled my hand in his hair. "Thank you baby" I kissed his cheek.

"I love this, thank you" I thanked him.

"You deserve this and so much more, I love you darling" he kissed my cheek in return.

"And I hope you know this is just the beginning of your gifts" he grinned at me.

"Oh really?" I asked as I took a sip of my smoothie.

He nodded. "Finish breakfast and I'll show you" he said.

After I had finished breakfast he first brought a small gift from my closet.

I smiled at him and opened the gift. It was a beautiful purple dress.

I loved it! It was gorgeous! I went to the bathroom to try it on

It fit me perfectly, "you look absolutely stunning" Adam told me.

I did a cute little twirl in the dress and smiled. "Thank you" I kissed him on the cheek.

"Oh that's not all" he said "let's go downstairs" he led me to the stair way.

When we made it downstairs I saw people. Not just any people. I saw my dad and my bed friend Nadine.

I looked quickly to Adam as if I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"You did this for me?" I asked and looked around the living room that was covered in light purple and white balloons.

He nodded his head.

I ran to Nadine and gave her a hug first. I had missed her so much.

"Hey girl, happy birthday" she said and smiled at me. "Thank you! I missed you" I told her.

"I missed you too" she said.

I let you of her long enough to look at my dad. I didn't get to see my dad much. He wasn't home most of the time because he worked out of the country. It was quite refreshing to finally see him again.

"Hi dad" I gave him a gentle hug. "Hey sweetie" he hugged me back.

I let go of him and walked back to Adam.

Everyone sat on the couch where the rest of the gifts were.

"Thank you Adam" I whispered to him.

"Of course baby, you deserve everything. If I could give you the world I would" he told me.

I felt the butterflies start again. He always knew what to say to me.

I opened the rest of my gifts and we all had dinner together before they all left.

I changed out of my dress and into comfy clothes before sitting with Adam on the couch.

"Did you have a good birthday, my love?" He asked me.

I nodded and cuddled next to him. "I did" I laid my head on his shoulder and relaxed.

"I'm glad" he said.

We sat there in silence for a while before eventually falling asleep.

I couldn't believe it. I'm officially 18. I can graduate highschool this year. I can get a job. I can move out. And I hoped of get to do all of that with Adam right by my side.