Starting a life of my own

Eve's POV

3 months later, I had already graduated highschool and I had to decide which college I wanted to go to.

Nadine wanted me to go to college with her but I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go to college at all.

Adam wasn't going to college, he had been working a part time job since he was 16 and had saved up enough money to move out of his mom's house.

We had planned to move in together.

I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life so college would be pointless right now.

I had come to that decision. I wouldn't be going to college right away. Once I decided what I wanted to do with my life, I'd go to college if it required it but right now I decided not to go.

I knew I had to tell Nadine but that was going to be hard.

I heard my front door open and close.

"Baby are you here?" I heard Adams voice.

"Yeah I'm in the kitchen" I yelled back.

He walked into the kitchen. "Hey babygirl" he smiled. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I looked at him "I'm not going to college and I have to find a way to tell Nadine." I said

He sat next to me. "I know sweetie. It's hard but she'll understand" he comforted me.

I nodded.

"So..I've been looking at some houses" Adam started. "And I found one, I think you might like".

He pulled out his phone and showed it to me.

He couldn't have been more right, the house was really beautiful. It wasn't huge which was good, we didn't need a very big house. And it wasn't too expensive.

It was gorgeous

It was gorgeous. I loved it.

I nodded at him "yeah I really like that one" I said

He smiled at me. "It's a small house, not too far from here, but far enough. It's $965 a month if we were to rent it. Or $8,050 to buy." Adam explained.

I smiled. "So if we were to get it would you like to rent it or buy it?" I asked.

"Well if we combined some of our money, we could afford to buy it and it'd be easier than renting it every month" he said.

I nodded "yeah I agree, I have about $3,000 in the bank right now." I told him.

"I have 7,000" he told me.

I smiled at him, this was really going to work.

"Do you wanna go check it out?" He asked.

I nodded.

We went to check out the house. It was even more gorgeous on the inside.

I really couldn't believe that we were moving in together. It was like a dream come true.

We've been together a total of 5 months so I know it seemed a little early but it felt right.

I hugged Adam as the realtor told us more about the place.

Before the woman could continue speaking, Adam interrupted her. "Well take it" he told her.

"Oh but I haven't told you all about it" she questioned.

"No but you've showed us all the rooms and there's nothing wrong with it and my girlfriend absolutely loves it, so we'll take it" he told her.

She looked a little confused at first. "Oh ok, well I'll just need you two to sign some papers then." She left the room to grab the papers out od hee purse.

"I can really see us living here and starting a life here" I said quietly.

"Me too" Adam looked at me, with a sparkle in his eyes.

The lady came back into the room to hand us the papers "I'll just need you two to sign here, and here, and here" she pointed at different areas on the papers.

Once we signed the papers, the lady left the house.

The house was completely empty, no furniture, no luggage. We had to go back to our places to pack and get the rest of our stuff.

But before we did that, we stayed at the house a little longer.

There were small balcony's on the top and middle floors.

I walked outside to the balcony and watched the sun, it was beginning to set slowly. I loved this view, it was perfect for watching the sun rise or set.

Adam followed me out onto the balcony and hugged me from behind.

He nuzzles his face in my neck.

"I love you Eve" he whispered.

"I love you too" I whispered back.

He breathed slowly and closed his eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

I nodded softly.

"I've loved you for a long time now, I want to live the rest of my life with you, and I know that sounds crazy because we're young, but I really want to live my life with you, I want to start a life with you, start a family with you, marry you" he whispered the last part.

I turned around to meet his gaze.

I held his face in my hands and pressed my forehead to his.

"I want all of that too" I whispered.

He looked me in the eyes and smiled.

Adam fished his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small box.

My heart rate picked up, and the butterflies came back as I watched him slowly fall to one knee.

"Eve Isabelle McLean, will you make me the happiest man on earth and be my wife. Will you marry me?" He asked.

I covered my face with my hands as I felt my tears start in my eyes.

"Yes, yes of course Adam I'll marry you" I exclaimed and jumped into his arms.

I hugged him tightly before he let go long enough to place the diamond ring on my finger.

He kissed me deeply and pulled me back into his arms.

I was engaged and starting a life with the man I loved. It couldn't possibly get any better than this.

Just like the story in the bible, we really did fall in love and run away together, to start a life of our own.

When I thought of my name Eve, I never thought of the story of Adam and Eve. Not until I met Adam Marshall.

The End