²⁶animal feud

JULY
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
"animal feud"

─────────────────

when y/n asked bokuto if he wanted to join her in playing a volleyball match against a friend from another school, she didn't expect him to be really ecstatic about it. the same went with hinata.

(but who was she kidding, the two were like balls of energy)

she also invited akaashi and kuroo - who then dragged tsukishima with him, as he'd already been joining them in previous nights - whom were all willing (part the salty blonde) to play with her.

so now, the girl was walking next to both bokuto and hinata - both boys were practically radiating with excitement - as the other three walked behind them. they were all making their way to gym three, where they were all going to practice.

"ya, kon-chan." y/n hummed in response to kuroo, turning her head to look at him as he continued. "who's your friend again? who are we playing against?"

y/n shrugged. "dunno. i forgot their name."

the others sweatdropped at her answer. bokuto shook his head with a small laugh, whereas hinata chuckled nervously. "so when fujioka-san said that you struggled remembering names, she meant it..."

reaching the gym, y/n opened the doors. upon opening it, she was met with the sounds of balls hitting against the floor harshly, shoes squeaking, and a couple yells here and there. though that all stopped upon their entrance.

"l/n-chan!" the same boy she met earlier called her out, walking over to her with a ball in his hand.

"holy shit. when mattsun said that a pretty girl and her friends would be training with us tonight, i thought he was lying." a voice belonging to a guy with pink hair commented from behind matsukawa.

y/n nodded at him, a small smile on her face. "hello. i hope you don't mind. i brought more people than i should have."

the boy instantly shook it off, "that's alright! i also invited four of my friends, so we can play a six on six game."

"yahoo! chibi-chan! where's tobio?" another voice exclaimed, waving his long arm over at hinata.

said-ranga widened his eyes, pointing a finger at him. "GREAT KING!"

tsukishima clicked his tongue at him, slapping the back of his head. "don't point at him, you fucking mushroom."

hinata yelped, rubbing the spot as he glared at the taller boy.

"what's up seijoh?" kuroo yelled, greeting the other boys inside.

"HEY HEY HEY!" bokuto exclaimed his catchphrase, walking towards the other team with kuroo. akaashi stuck with y/n, who placed her water bottle down on the bench at the side, before walking towards the others - who were all gathered in the middle.

"so how are we all going to do this?" y/n asked, yawning into her hand as she stood near them. as she counted, there were exactly twelve people here - meaning they could play a full game of a six vs six.

"well i was thinking..." mattsun repeated his plan of playing a six v six, though the teams mixed up at the second set. they would all play one game with their current teams, then once they finished, they would all jumble up - more practice.

"that sounds nice," y/n nodded, "do we need a referee or anything?"

"pshhh, nah i don't think we need to-"

"and have you guys cheat? yeah, no. we need one." tsukishima commented.

the same guy who called hinata over, the one with the chocolate brown hair, placed a dramatic offended look on his face. "how dare you, megane-kun!"