~3~

Your P.O.V

Garroth had practically begged me to take culinary arts class. Apparently I am more weak minded than I once thought because I gave in easily. There was a small chance of us actually ending up in the same class but somehow it happened, although Laurance despised it. I did feel slightly bad for Laurance. Laurance was the one who asked Garroth to take the class with him, but then Garroth asked me and now that the three of us were in the class Laurance had lost his partner. So when Mrs. Fuller asked us to pick our lab partners for the year I was not surprised when Laurance started panicking.

"Garroth please. I will not speak. You can have sex for all I care and I will sit there silently and do the assignment." Laurance was quite literally on his knees begging. He sat right in between Garroth and I, who were in chairs.

Garroth acted as though he was thinking for a second but then shook his head no at Laurance.

"I will do anything! Anything." Laurance said, his voice raising far more than I wanted it to.

"Go find another partner." Garroth laughed.

"What did I do. Why do you like Y/N so much more than me?" Laurance asked, his voice changed from begging to almost anger.

"Y/N makes out with me." Garroth said instantly, as if he knew the question would come up and this would be his answer.

"I will make out with you Garroth, I will." Laurance stated, he sat up straighter and reached forward to grab Garroth by the shoulders. "I will jerk you off if you want me to."

"Woah when did this get so intimate." Garroth laughed again this time sounding almost nervous. Which he probably was because I doubt Laurance was joking.

"Just, let me join your group." Laurance said, leaning even closer towards Garroth. I laughed at Garroth who was trying to lean back away from Laurance.

"Go find your own partner." Garroth said, "Go be partners with him."

Garroth lowered his voice and motioned his head towards a table on the other side of the room. I followed his eyes and looked back towards the table. The guy sitting at the table I had never seen before. He had headphones on and was hunched over looking at his phone. His hair was curly and red, and the parts of his face I could see were covered in freckles.

Laurance looked over at Garroth horrified. I did feel slightly bad for Laurance, and didn't understand why we couldn't just be a group of three, but I wasn't going to say anything in front of Laurance just so he could start using it as leverage.

"Garroth." Although I was looking mostly at the back of Laurance's head I imagined he was giving Garroth his best attempt at puppy dog eye.

"Laurance." When I looked up I saw it was Mrs. Fuller that had said Laurance's name. She was a kind older women who was letting us all pick our own partners, but now that Laurance had taken so long I think his time was up. "Do you wanna?" She too motioned her head towards the table across the room.

"Yeah, yeah." Laurance said, his voice turning back to one acceptable to use around a teacher. He stood up without a fight and instantly walked over to his new partners table. Although Garroth got a death stare as he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew for a fact many of my classes were going to have no one I knew in them. That included my chemistry class. So as I walked into Chemistry I had to walk back out and make sure I was in the right room. I didn't expect to see Vylad sitting alone at one of the tables, but I did. I also hadn't expected many juniors to be in the class. But I supposed Vylad has skipped two grades so he probably is smart enough to take whatever classes he wants whether they're for his grade or not.

I glanced around the room one more time before I walked over to his table. Vylad was looking at his computer and never once looked up at me so I assumed he hadn't noticed me walking over to him, but he didn't seem startled when I spoke.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked.

He barely glanced up at me and then looked back down towards whatever he was going.

"No." He said, and reached his arm out to scoot his stuff closer to his side of the table.

I sat down next to him and let us sit in silence for just a moment before I felt the need to break it.

"I didn't realize many Juniors had the credits to take chem two yet." I said. I looked around the room as if I was speaking about more juniors other than him but he was the only one in the room.

"I was taking highschool math in middle school, and I've been doubled up on science classes since I got here." He said, still without looking at me.

"Oh jeez." I said.

Anyone who didn't know Vylad would have thought he was bragging. I barely know him but I know he was simply just informing me, not bragging. Mainly because he doesn't care if I know or not.

"Why didn't you take physics with my brother?" He asked, once again not looking at me.

I shrugged even though he wasn't looking.

"I just didn't. He already forced me to take culinary class with him." I said.

"He's a bad cook." Vylad stated.

I laughed.

"I know he is, I'm not the best either." I said.

Vylad didn't reply so I fell silent one more time.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"I'm photoshopping Europe out of the world map." He stated, turning his computer towards me.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Name?"

Starting new classes also meant getting new teachers who don't know who I am. I imagine Garroth never has that problem considering the school seams to rotate on its axis around him and his family.

"Y/N." I said.

"Right here."

The teacher tapped her pen on the desk she stood in front of. It was in the front row and close to the board. I nodded at her and walked over to it to sit down. There were some other kids already sitting down but the class seemed mostly empty. A few kids came in right before the bell and then Nickel right after the bell. I wished I hadn't remembered his name but I had, it was pretty hard to forget a name like Nickel. It was probably easy for him to forget my name as he was already noticeably doing well with the girls in school. I watched as our teacher questioned him for his name, looked down at her sheet, and the pointed her pen over to the desk next to mine.

I mentally rolled my eyes. Maybe I have been spending to much time with Garroth, but it now felt weird to be sitting by this oddly attractive guy in two classes.

"Oh, hey Y/N."

Maybe he's just good with names.