~8~

Your P.O.V

"If my mother takes one more picture of us I'll reach over and strangle you right here right now."

I looked over and glared at Garroth.

"How is it my fault?" I asked appalled. As I turned to him he was still fake smiling for a picture, which he immediately stopped doing and turned to look at me.

"I never got this many pictures taken of me until I started dating you." Garroth said sternly.

It was hard to believe anyone could take more pictures of their children then Zianna did. I learned this at Prom where it felt like over a thousand pictures were taken. With Garroth and I both being seniors it seemed like Zianna was coping with the departure of her oldest son by taking photographs.

"Garroth be nice." Zianna spat, clearly overhearing the conversation Garroth hadn't wanted his mother to hear but hadn't talked quiet enough for her to ignore.

"I'm a delight." Garroth stated, and stared at his mother hard.

"You're a pain." Zianna said and she turned as if she was finally ready to put her phone away.

"Good luck." Garroth stated, he turned around and towards the field ready to walk away. Before he did he set his hand on top of my head, giving me a pat like you would to a dog.

"Hey." I reached out and grabbed him by the arm. "Where's my kiss?"

"Go kiss Ellie, I'm your enemy." He said.

I narrowed my eyes at him and reached out to pinch a piece of his abdomen. He swatted my hand away and held his hand to his stomach where I pinched him.

"Ow?" He questioned.

"You always kiss me before games." I said raising my eyebrows at him.

"Yeah." He stated, "When I want you to win, and you're going down."

I glared at him as he walked away and through my dugout to get to his own. I followed him after a moment through my own dugout and to where Ellie was standing.

"What's that look for." She asked immediately.

"What look?" I asked, staring down at her.

"The look you just gave Garroth. I thought he could do no wrong in your eyes." Ellie said.

"Fucker wouldn't give me a kiss." I said.

"Perfect, channel that anger and lets beat them." Ellie smiled at me like a proud mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Two for two, baby." Garroth held his fingers up to me in a two, and then a four, and then a two, acknowledging the two home runs that he did in-fact hit off of my pitches. After the second one our coach decided to let him walk to base every time it was his at bat.

"Stop it." I spat at him. I grabbed onto his hands which he was putting in my face.

"Two for two." He whispered it to me this time, "I'm a God."

"You're not a God. I'm just bad." I stated.

Which wasn't really true, Garroth was the best highschool baseball player I had ever seen. And I didn't necessarily play bad either, none of the girls did. Yet we somehow still lost 6-11.

"What no." He laughed, "You played so good." He hooked his arm around my neck like he was going to put me in a choke hold but kissed the top of my head instead.