~11~

Your P.O.V

"The answer to that one is B."

"What?" I looked up at Nickel who had just broken the silence of the classroom for the first time in thirty minutes. I stared at him.

"The question you're on." He motioned to my computer, "I got B. I just thought you might need some help, it seems like you've been on that question for a while." Nickel said, he sounded like he was trying his hardest not to offend me. In reality he was right I had been flipping through pages for what felt like hours, looking for one answer. I looked up and searched the classroom, finding that out teacher had disappeared.

"Oh, yeah, thanks." I said clicking the B option.

"And um, the next one is A." He said, his smooth voice going even more quiet. I looked over at him, wondering how far behind I was. "Do you just want my answers real quick."

But I could just get the answers from Garroth.

"Yeah sure."

He tilted his computer towards me and scrolled it down for me slowly as I put in his answers. I felt his eyes moving from his screen, to my screen, to me and back to his screen.

"Thanks." I said quietly, I scooted my computer away from him trying to notify him I didn't want any more.

"Yeah, coarse. Don't be afraid to ask me for help."

I sank into my chair and didn't look over at him, silently praying the bell would ring. I felt him stare at me for a minute, waiting for me to say something. When I said nothing he looked back at his computer and I felt as though I could breathe again.

——————————————

"I invited him to sit with us!" Garroth declared. We all looked like stalkers as we stared at Blaze walking through the lunch line. He looked unbothered, so apparently he hadn't noticed us.

"I don't believe you." Cadenza spat.

"I did, I swear, ask Y/N." Garroth said. I turned to glare at him.

"What's she know? She was over here with me while you were blabbing with Blaze." Cadenza stated.

"I told her last night what I said to Blaze." Garroth said.

"Yeah you did." Travis stated, he smirked and made a fingering motion with his hands.

Before Garroth could even get a word out Travis was getting hit in the side of the head by Katelyn.

"Don't say that about Y/N." She hissed. Travis flinched and put his hand over his head in an attempt to protect himself.

"Did he say he was going to sit with us." Cadenza asked.

"It was more of a stifled laugh then a yes." Garroth said.

"Really?" Cadenza asked sounding everything but excited.

"What? What did you want me to do? Threaten him?" Garroth asked, he tried desperately to defend himself for something I didn't even think he needed to be ridiculed for.

"Yes." Katelyn said, "He could whoop your ass."

Garroth glared at her but he didn't try and defend himself. I suppose that's because he knows it's true. Blaze was big for a high schooler. Taller than Garroth and Nickel, and built broader to. He was visibly strong, and not someone I would like to see Garroth try and fight.

We all stared at Blaze as he was finally exiting the lunch line holding his lunch. We all noticed him starting to walk back to his small table from yesterday.

"Get his attention." Katelyn said instantly, she turned at stared hard at Garroth.

"Why don't you go do it?" Garroth questioned loudly. "He's probably more likely to be persuaded when a cute girl asks him to sit with us instead of me."

"Oh for Irene's sake. BLAZE!"

Cadenza startled all of us with her scream so she had definitely startled Blaze. We all watched as Blaze stood in place for a long moment and stared over at us. It was a fair reaction for someone who had just been screamed at. He glanced around at the cafeteria before he walked over to us with the slowest strides such a tall person could possibly take.

Cadenza scooted to her left and reached out to pat the empty spot to her right. Once again Blaze stared down at her, in what I could only assume was complete disbelief.

"Sit down with us honey." Cadenza said.

I held in laughter as I wondered why Cadenza had decided to use her sweet voice. There were only two answers to the question; she felt bad for screaming at him, or she saw that Blaze was in fact smoking hot.

Blaze set his tray down and squeezed into the space Cadenza had motioned for him. Everyone continued to stare at him and for a moment we all sat in an awkward silence.

"Why do you sit alone?" Katelyn asked, it was not surprising to me that she would be the one to break the silence.

"Katelyn! You can't ask that." Cadenza snapped immediately.

Blaze smirked and gave a stifled laugh, I imagine this was the same reaction Garroth received when he asked Blaze to sit with us.

"I guess because I don't have very many friends." Blaze laughed like his answer was a joke but I doubt it was.

We all stared at him again.

"Why not?" Katelyn asked.

"Katelyn!" Cadenza turned dramatically towards Katelyn and hissed at her.

"What? Maybe he's got a secret to tell us." Katelyn responded. Travis snickered.

"No secrets." Blaze said, and his face went flat as if he really was thinking hard about a secret, "Just don't get along with most people I guess."

"Why not?" Katelyn repeated.

Blaze smiled wide as if he was enjoying the interrogation. I watched as he looked around the table a moment and locked eyes with Garroth as he answered.

"People like Nickel. I don't. So people don't like me."

I didn't approve of something in his answer, but Garroth did. Garroth shifted in his seat and sat up as if the answer Blaze gave was something useful to him. I stared at Garroth until he looked down at me, but neither of us said anything. I silently wondered what Nickel would say if I asked him about Blaze.

"Why don't you like Nickel." Katelyn asked.

We were all silently listening to Katelyn ask questions and Blaze answer.

"A lot of reasons." Blaze shrugged, "He's a Jackass."

Katelyn leaned backwards as if she was fine with the information she had gotten and that's all she needed. I stared at her, wanting her to keep asking. Why doesn't he like Nickel. Why? When Katelyn didn't return my gaze, I looked over at Blaze. He was also looking at Katelyn, as if expecting another round of questions.

"Why is he a jackass?" I asked.

I was only looking at Blaze but it felt like everyone had started staring at me intently. But that may just be because of how hard Garroth turned to look at me, as if I frightened him. Blaze stared at me like he didn't understand the question, so I continued.

"Did he do something to you?" I asked.

It seemed deathly silent even though we were in the midst of a loud cafeteria. I wanted to take back my question.

"Laughs at at people. Middle school boy behavior." Blaze said.