~5~

Your P.O.V

"Hi Garroth."

"Hi."

After countless scolding's and conversations about Garroth not calling my mother 'Mrs L/N', Garroth had simply resorted to not calling her anything. Instead he just spoke with the hope that she was listening when he wanted, which somehow worked a majority of the time.

"Did you have a good first few days of school?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." Garroth stated.

He followed me slowly into the kitchen where my mother stood. Mom had warmed up to Garroth a lot more than he had opened up to her. She enjoyed questioning Garroth about his days and just life in general. Garroth squirmed in his own skin whenever he had to speak to either of my parents, I know it was nothing personal he was just nervous.

"No he didn't." I said, "He's lying."

"No?" My mom questioned. She glared from me to Garroth waiting for one of us to elaborate.

Garroth said nothing and instead sat down at the island that we were both standing next to.

"He had to have try outs." I said. I reached over and ran my hand through his hair, pulling it backwards. His hair was still sweaty from practice and it didn't take me long to pull my hand away and then wipe it on my pants.

"Yeah." Garroth sighed and leaned over the side of the island to lay his head on the granite surface.

"Y/N said there are lots of boys on the team." Mom said.

"Yeah. We had to have positional tryouts to see who actually gets to play." Garroth said.

"I'm sure you did good." Mom said.

"I hope I get stuck at shortstop." Garroth mumbled.

"Shortstop?" I laughed remembering how early he had said the bench instead, "What's wrong with shortstop?"

"Everything is wrong with shortstop when I'm the pitcher Y/N!" Garroth said. He sat up and glared at me with puppy eyes as if it was my fault.

"That's your coaches fault. Not mine." I said.

"I know." Garroth pouted and leaned his head on his hands.

"So dramatic." Mom sighed, something she would normally say to me but was now saying to my boyfriend.

"Yes." I agreed, "He is."

"I am a normal amount of angry." Garroth said. He furrowed his eyebrows at me but kept his head on the counter even though it made it harder to look at me.

"Doesn't mean you're not a drama queen." I said

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was odd for our friend group to be out of routine. We hang out at the same places, we go to each others games together, we sit in the same places at lunch, and we stand in the same spot every morning. So it was extremely weird to arrive to the school and find that Cadenza, Katelyn and Sasha were in a separate group away from Garroth and Laurance.