~10~

Your P.O.V

"What did you say to Blaze?" I asked.

Garroth stared into his locker for a moment in silence before he turned to me.

"What do you mean? I asked him to come sit with us." Garroth said, turning to me slowly.

"And it took all of lunch?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Garroth shrugged.

"Took some convincing." He said.

"You're such a liar." I said, and reached out and pinched him in the bicep.

He flinched away from me and stared at me as if he had something to be offended about, even though he was very clearly lying.

"I am not." He said.

"You are so lying. Just tell me what you said." I said. I stood on my top toes to lean up and kiss him on the lips. He didn't lean into it, but let it happen regardless.

"I'm not lying." He mumbled while our lips were still connected.

"You just asked him to sit with us?" I questioned, falling back into my flat feet.

"Mhmm." He nodded.

"So you never brought up Nickel?" I asked.

"Mmmnuhmuh." I watched Garroth turn around in a circle in front of me as if he were a toddler about to throw a tantrum. "I just wanted to know."

"To know what?" I laughed.

"I don't know- what he's like. What to expect." Garroth said.

"And you decided to ask someone we know doesn't like him. No offense Gar but you're getting your information from a biased source." I raised an eyebrow at him.

I watched as he placed his hands on his hips.

"And what are your opinions on him miss. Since you spend an abundance of time sitting next to him in history." He looked down at me like a judgmental parent.

"I don't have an opinion Garroth." I reached out and grabbed his wrists and pulled them towards me until his arms were around me. It was hard to stand so close while I had a backpack on.

Garroth stared at me, for whatever reason he was at a loss for words.

"Let's go out to eat tonight, or go see a movie. Just me and you." I said.

Something about what Vylad had said had ripped my heart into pieces, because he was right. Garroth is in a constant battle to try and win me over, but he shouldn't have to be.

"Like a date?"

"An unofficial one." All of our dates were unofficial, simply just time spent together. A first date had to be perfect, especially after almost a year of being together. "Do you have homework."

"Math." He said solemnly.

"I can help you after. If you wanna hang out." I said. I put my hands on his arms and took a step away. Just realizing that I didn't want to be that couple in the middle of the hallway, even if it was after school.

"You can do it for me?" He smiled down at me as wide as he could.

"No." I said simply.

"Mm fine." He sighed and pulled his hands to fall to his sides.

"Okay, see you after practice."

He made an inaudible noise and leaned down barely until his chin smacked my forehead and he walked past me. It was a kiss to him but was really more of a head butt.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What're you doing honey?"

I wouldn't have even know Zianna was in the living room if it weren't for the fact that the TV was playing quietly. But I had just assumed she had fallen asleep watching Tv, not that she was awake and fully aware of me opening her fridge.

"Getting a water." I said, still slightly startled.

"What are you two doing up there." Zianna asked. The tone in her voice made me think Garroth and I were being loud, but I knew that wasn't true. After getting partially through his math homework Garroth laid down on his stomach and let me scratch his back until I eventually began to hear him snore.

"Oh, Garroth's asleep." I said. It was nearly eleven o'clock so I was surprised Zianna wasn't as well.

"I figured." She said, and patted the couch cushion next to her, "Come sit down."

I stared into the darkness of the living room for a moment before I shuffled over to the couch where I sat down close to Zianna.

"Did you have fun at the movies?" I laughed at the question knowing she had definitely asked Garroth this question earlier but got shrugged off.

"Yeah." I said.

"Garroth never tells me anything fun." Zianna sighed, I expected this complaint.

I wracked my brain for something fun to tell her. We went to the movies, and sure it was fun but nothing so memorable that there was a laughable story to tell Garroth's mother.

"I don't know that there's anything to tell." I said.

"Oh come on you've never done anything fun." She said as if she thought it was true.

"We do fun things." I said, "In the summer." I added. It had been a while since Garroth and I had done anything. The summer was filled with events but then school started and we both became absorbed into sports. Which may have just added to Garroth's anxiety.

"I know you're both busy with baseball and softball. But that's okay if you're having fun, and you want to play in college right?" She asked.

I held back laughter from how many words Zianna always tried to cram into such little sentences.

"Yeah, I am." I said.

"Have you been looking at colleges? I've been getting onto Garroth about that." She said. I silently wondered if she was asking because she wanted to know for herself or for Garroth.

"Not really, I still don't even know the area." I said, I had barely even thought of college despite the fact that that's why I came to Ru'aun. A scholarship to Pheonix Drop High was basically a recruitment process. Colleges hounded the school to try and pick out its best athletes and get to them first. I suppose I had been waiting for someone to contact me but it never came.

"Well I'd help you look of you wanted, or Garroth could." She said, "But you should go to bed there's school tomorrow." She looked towards the stairway as if she just realized it was nearly midnight.

"Oh, yeah." I stood up and walked around the couch. I half expected Zianna to get up aswell but she remained on the couch.

I attempted to climb the stairs quietly and open and shut Garroths door just as silently. As I expected, Garroth was still laying on his stomach, his face laying partially on his notebook. He snored lightly and didn't budge when I entered the room. I stared at him for a moment before I placed my hand on his head and lightly pulled the notebook away. I placed the book on his desk and stared at him again, expecting him to wake up.

When he laid still I reached over to shut the light off and searched for the best way to climb overtop of him to the empty side of the bed. Despite Garroth definitely being woken up by my attempt to get into bed, he said nothing and didn't move. I waited a moment before deciding if I would successfully be able to find his face in the dark and laid down after deciding I wouldn't be able to.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Gar."

"I love you."

"I love you too."