~6~

Your P.O.V

"Hey Y/N."

I silently wondered how someone who had just gotten into an argument with my boyfriend could sit down next to me in class and only say hi.

"Hi." I said simply.

"How are you liking your classes so far?" Nickel asked.

Our history teacher was still silently taking attendance so the whole class was chatting quietly with the people around. I wondered what it would be like to sit by Nickel after having heard some less fortunate things about him from Blaze. I was almost certain we would sit in silence considering we barely know each other, and his new found hatred towards Garroth. Aperantly this was not the case.

"They're alright." I stated, purely to be kind.

"What about this class? Do you enjoy history?" He asked.

I could feel his eyes looking over at me but I was trying to avoid looking at them.

"No, I'm not very good at history." I smiled to myself a little remembering all of last year.

"Oh really?" He said, as if it was the most interesting thing he had ever heard, "I'm pretty good I think. What about our math class, how well do you think you'll do in there?"

"I'm pretty good I think." I stated, copying his words.

"I think Mrs. Wray is going to be a good teacher. Have you had her before?" He asked. I shook my head no without looking over at him. "It's really weird getting so many new teachers, and new students. Neopolitan was so small we didn't have nearly the amount of opportunities you guys have. It's a little intimidating."

For the first time I looked over and into Nickels face. He stared back at me as if wondering what I was going to say next, such a thoughtful look. His words didn't sound like something a highschool boy would be saying to me. It was as if he was reading off a script. But the script was faulty, these weren't his lines. I knew this for a fact as he had just gotten done telling Garroth the opposite of what he told me.

He did not want to be at Pheonix Drop High, at least that's what Garroth had said. That Nickel liked it at Neopolitan High where he ran the school, just as Garroth does here. He did not feel intimidated by the new opportunities that Pheonix drop could bring, he was intimidated by Garroth.

"Yeah, I'm sure it's really different for you guys here." I said.

"Oh definitely. But I could get used to all the new people." He smiled.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go go. Now." I watched as Katelyn yelled at Garroth in a hushed voice and swatted her hands at him.

"You're not in charge of me. Who do you think you are, my mother."

I sat down next to Garroth at the lunch table, placing my hands on his shoulder as I sat down. I wrapped my hands around his arm although he never looked over at me and instead kept his eyes on Katelyn.

"I wish I was your mother. Have you seen old pictures of your dad?" Katelyn asked, not trying to be quiet whatsoever.

"No, don't say that again. You hear that? She's hittin on me." Garroth stated turning towards me with a questioning look.

"I am not." Katelyn said immediately, "I'm hitting on your Dad."

"I look just like my Dad!" Garroth said back, just as loud.

Garroth is practically the spitting image of his father so it wasn't necessarily wrong for him to claim he was being hit on. Nor was it a new thing for Katelyn to hit on him, she did it meaninglessly and Travis never seemed to care so I ignored it as well. After all in Katelyns words 'just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that Garroth is totally hot.'