~18~

Your P.O.V

"Hey Vylad."

"Hello." He continued to do whatever homework he was doing as I sat down in my seat next to him.

"What'd you get on our project?" I asked.

I hadn't exactly been able to decide if Garroth was joking or not about Vylad being mad about our grade.

"Ninety-eight, why what did you get?" Vylad asked.

"Garroth said you'd be pissed." I said, ignoring the second question.

Vylad shoulders raised as if I peaked his interest. He looked over at me for the first time with wide eyes.

"Oh I am." He said.

"You are?" I asked.

Something inside of me didn't believe that he would actually be mad at an A, but apparently I didn't know Vylad as well as I thought. He nodded his head at me once as if that were an obvious answer.

"Sorry." I said, "Do you think it's something I did?"

"No." He said instantly, "That's why I'm pissed. I triple checked everything you did and double checked everything I did. Spotless. We deserved that hundred."

I stared at him.

"Oh."

Vylad turned away from me me and towards his homework but then immediately back to me. He held a finger in the air as if he were in an argument.

"And tell Garroth to shut the hell up. He's just jealous I've got a 4.0 and can do my math homework myself." Vylad said.

I smirked at Vylad who seemed to have said all he wanted to say as he turned away and towards his homework for the last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garroth's lips were hard on mine. And for a moment I almost smacked him for it until I realized he was falling into me and his kisses became less hard once he caught his balance. He placed his hands on my arms to steady himself as he did so but he never ended the kiss. It made sense considering he seemed to have taken a running start to get to me after the game.

After a long minutes worth of a kiss I rediscovered a reason to smack him and did exactly that, slapping him in the arm and leaning extremely far backwards in order to get away from him.

"Let go of me. My moms in the audience." I said.

Garroth's posture grew instantly better and he leaned away from me.

"She is?" He questioned quickly.

"Yes stupid." I laughed and turned around to begin packing up my softball bag. The game had finished nearly forty minutes ago but then pictures with the trophy took place as well as a lot of talking.

"Don't call me stupid. I'm basically the reason you won you know." He stated with an offended tone.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see. I hadn't thought he was bold enough to brag about practically being my private coach but I should have known better. Although it was pretty true, Garroth's help was most definitely a reason we had just won regionals.

"How so?" I asked.

"I'm your good luck charm." Garroth stated.

"You are not." Ellie stated from beside us.

It had been so long since the game ended that few people remained, but I was unsurprised to see Ellie lurking.

I stuffed my helmet in my bag and turned to see Garroth glaring over at Ellie.

"Says who?" Garroth asked.

"Y/N is our good luck charm. Not you." Ellie stated.

"Yeah, I said I was Y/N's good luck charm not yours. But she's your captain so, maybe I am the teams good luck charm." He said.

"The day you're my good luck charm is the day I have to move schools." Ellie said.

"Well you better start packing." Garroth said.

"Leave Ellie alone." I stated, "And you are my good luck charm, just so you know."

"I know I am, cause your boyfriend didn't show up." Garroth stated.

I stared up at him in confusion as I realized what he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Nickel, he's not here. Thought you invited him."

"Great then you didn't have to interact with him."

"I wish I got to interact with him." Ellie said from behind me.

Garroth stood up straighter and made a disgusted face.

"You're really into him?" He asked.

"What? Surprised not every girl in the school has a crush on you anymore?" Ellie asked. She gave Garroth a sad puppy dog look.

"No." Garroth snapped, "It's just that I think you could do a lot better than him."

"Well I couldn't." Ellie scoffed, "He's smoking hot."

"He's an asshole." Garroth said.

Ellie narrowed her eyes at him.

"What's your issue with Nickel?" Ellie asked.

"Oh nothing, he's just stealing all of Garroth's popularity." I said. I set everything in my hands down and reached over to pinch Garroth in the bicep.

Garroth glared at me and rubbed his arm where I pinched him.

"Yeah, and my girlfriend." He said.

I glared back at him before I turned my attention to Ellie.

"By the way, I mentioned you to him." I said.

Her eyes shot wide.

"Really?"

"He said he didn't know who you were." I finished.

"Oh." Ellie said, although she didn't sound like she cared all that much. "Disappointing."

"How could he notice any other girl in school when he's too busy eye fucking you?" Garroth said.

The lack of sarcasm in his voice made me squirm.

"Well quit eye fucking him and you wouldn't notice he's looking at me." I said. I picked up my things one last time, ready to leave the dugout. My bag was filled to max capacity and it seemed as though the zipper may break any moment. Garroth reached out instantly and took the bag out of my hands.

"You are extremely jealous for someone so cocky." Ellie stated. I turned towards her.

"Thank you." I said.

"I'm not cocky or jealous. Y/N's my girlfriend." Garroth said, he maneuvered my bag around his shoulders until it was flung on his back.

Ellie narrowed her eyes at Garroth.

"You just called Nickel her boyfriend." She said.

"Well obviously I was joking Ellie." Garroth stated. An annoyed expression glued on his face.

Ellie shrugged.

"Sounds pretty jealous to me."

Ellie turned to walk away, not listening to Garroth any longer even as he called over to her.

"I'm not." He yelled over to her, although semi quietly, and then he turned back towards me, "I'm not."