~17~

Your P.O.V

"I heard you won your game last night." Nickel said as he sat down in his seat next to mine.  He gave me such a happy smile you would have thought he was the one playing and not me.

"Yep." I stated.

"What's next?" He asked.

"Regional finals tomorrow." I said.

"Are you feeling confident?" He stared over at me, never looking away.

I shrugged.

"Do you come to my games?" I asked, he sure did ask me about it a lot.

"No, I haven't gotten the chance to. But I'd like too, especially if that counts as an invite." He said, keeping the same wide toothy smile.

That most definitely wasn't an invite.

I stared at him, and instead of thinking of what he had just said to me I thought of Ellie.

"Hey will you put in a good word for me with Nickel?" Ellie asked.

"What?"

"You know, tell him about your cute friend Ellie." Ellie smiled at me like a dog.

"Do you know Ellie?" I asked him.

His expression faded into confusion.

"No, I don't think so. I don't really know very many people from Pheonix Drop yet." He said, that's seemed complicated false.

"You know me." I stated. And my friends.

"Well yeah but I'm lucky enough to sit by you in two classes." He said.

"Weird luck." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't touch me. I'll throw up all over you."

I withdrew my hand from touching him and looked down at Garroth with a glare. He was laying his head on our table lazily looking quite uncomfortable. It was a fair recruit from someone who I had just watched eat three pieces of pizza and two cookies at lunch and then two pieces of lasagna that we made in foods class.

"That was a riveting thing to say to your girlfriend Garroth." Laurance stated from the other side of the room. He was not being quiet at all but I had no care. "She's practically frothing at the mouth."

"I don't care." Garroth whined and turned his head so that his forehead was laying on the table instead of the side of his face, "I would implode if someone tried to sex me right now."

"Good thing we were in the middle of class then, and absolutely no one wants to sex you." I said glaring down at his limp body.

"That was harsh." Garroth mumbled.

"It's a lie." Laurance called, "I want to sex you Garroth."

"No thanks." Garroth mumbled.

I reached over and placed my hand on Garroth's back despite his order not to touch him. However it was only on him for a moment because when the door to our classroom opened I pulled away as if we had been alone and had just been caught.

I looked up at the door, surprised to see Nickel staring back at me. He stood awkwardly in the doorway as if waiting for someone to notice someone. When he saw me his facial expression remained flat but he lifted his hand up as if waving.