Chapter 22: Snack

The mantis was exhausted, her body trembled and she was barely able to stand up, her gasps were loud and agitated, everything in her denoted her tiredness, however even when she only wanted to collapse on the ground, the ropes that were tied in her arms held her upright.

She had lived an intense and unforgettable experience, her beloved knight had showered her with attention, touched every inch of her body exciting her until it was almost unbearable, but she had not been able to respond in any possible way, since the ropes that held her prevented all movement. She had become a helpless prey at the mercy of her predator, an inconceivable humiliation especially for a lord, and yet... She had liked it.

She had loved every moment, every touch, she felt in the clouds, nothing could break the magic of that moment, or so she believed.

"Friend, you really are crazy."

A small but very close voice suddenly surprised her. She looked somewhat scared around her until she noticed with horror how a boy entered her field of vision. He was very small, perhaps a little larger than the knight when she first met him, he was some kind of winged insect, presumably a very hairy white moth, his fur collar was huge and fluffy, it made her want to touch it. The tips of his legs also had fur, in fact they simulated a pair of shoes, he even had a fur pompom at the tip of his tail. Only a scarlet mask covering half of his face stood out in all his whiteness.

The mantis looked at the insect speechlessly. Had he seen what the knight had done to her? What was that boy doing there?! Where were his parents?

"If you wonder, yes, I saw everything," He laughed derisively. "Ah, but don't worry, it is not the worst thing I have seen, after all, when you get into the dreams of others, you risk these things happening".

From the pure impression, Orchid was unable to articulate a word. Get into the dreams of others? What was this bug talking about? She couldn't help but get a little scared when she saw the boy approach her.

"You're scared of me? Wow, that hardly ever happens". The moth seemed to rejoice at this. "But it is a good change, when you are someone so small, everyone is scary, being me who commands respect feels great. You know? A long time ago I was a companion to a rather hateful mantis, the guy was terrifying and he belittled me for being small, if he saw me now he would surely be impressed".

The bug puffed up his chest in a posture of pride that offended Orchid for some reason. Did that furball brag about scaring a mantis? And did he plan to show it off in front of another mantis? She couldn't allow it!

"Who's afraid of you!? Don't you dare insinuate such stupidity! Damn brat! Where are your parents letting you wander around watching adult stuff?"

Orchid's words bothered the moth a lot, in fact it became furious at them, his white fur began to fluff up giving him more and more the appearance of a ball. The insect then took flight and positioned himself at the prisoner's height, looking directly into her eyes with fury.

"I AM AN ADULT!" Look! I have wings! WINGS! Adult moths have wings, caterpillars don't! I'm an adult! A small adult but an adult! I already had my last molting, I am already independent, I have already done adult things. I even had a girlfriend! Don't ever treat me like a child again!"

The Lord maintained a serious expression, although inside she was dying of laughter, there was something about this bug that inspired sympathy and seeing that fluffy furball trying to cause respect was funny. It really was hard to believe that he was an adult, he was tiny, hunting such a being would not be worth it, underneath all that hair there would be almost no meat and in any case, with the cute he was, she liked him more alive than dead. After all this she reprimanded herself mentally, she had to give up the habit of evaluating weak insects as prey.